Chips and Milkshakes

Alara

It felt like the whole world stopped when he exited the dressing room. My breath stilled while my heart raced as I dragged my eyes across the handsome man before me. He looked absolutely breath taking in the suit, it fit him perfectly and Anna had been right the black shirt drew out his defined features and complimented his pale skin. 

I didn't know what to say so I just gawked at him. 

His lips curved into a smirk at my reaction revelling in the affect he had on me, "Cat got your tongue sweetheart?"

"No, No-", I sputtered out tearing my gaze away from him and trying to subdue the blazing blush on my cheeks. 

A smooth low chuckle rumbled through him and I realised how addictive the sound was, I wanted to hear it on repeat not that I would ever admit that to him. 

"I'm guessing this is a winner by the look on your face," again my blush deepened and I grasped at anything to save me from this situation. 

"I'm just mimicking what you looked like when you saw me," I deadpanned and it seem to work. 

"Well, I'll give you that, I did look at you like you were the most beautiful woman to ever exist,"

I went to thank him for the compliment before I realised what he was really saying, "So your saying I'm looking at you like your the most handsome man to ever exist,"

He made his way over to me, "Your words not mine,"

I scowled playfully at him, "Whatever helps you sleep at night Grayson,"

"Oh so we're on a last name basis now Mortello," he emphasised my surname before adding, "It won't be as fun when your last name is Grayson,"

"As I said before, who said I'm changing my name,"

He ignored the statement and just to rile me up further said, "Oh and Alara, its you that helps me sleep at night," then ever so lowly in my ear he whispered, "Or should I say it's you that keeps me up at night,"

I felt a shiver run down my spine at the implication of his words, and he had the audacity to walk off as though he had never spoken them.

"I think we're ready to head out," he said, slipping back into the dressing room and changing back to the clothes he came in with.

As soon as we had bought all that we needed we headed back to the car, bags in hand. I felt my stomach growl and the sound was loud enough for Cameron to hear, he gave me a pointed look. 

"You should've told me you were hungry," his voice was awfully gentle and with no one else around to witness it full of care.

"My stomach just did," I shot back to which he laughed. 

"Ok Alara's stomach, I'll get you some food," he spoke directly too my tummy causing me to scrunch my face at the absurd action. 

Without thinking I said, "Why are you talking to it like that, it's not like there's a baby in there," as soon as the words were out of my mouth I lifted my hands to it, almost gasping at my own words.

Cameron on the other hand found it extremely funny as I wanted the seat to swallow me whole out of embarrassment, "Just drive...please," I said covering my face with my hands and not wanting to look at the sly grin on his face. 

"Whatever you say darling," I didn't miss the last furtive glance at my stomach and I really did want to die of embarrassment right then and there. 

We pulled up to a small café that seemed really homely. There were baskets of fresh flowers hanging near the door in woven baskets and as soon as we entered the delicious scent of coffee and cupcakes filled my nose. It smelt heavenly.