Blaines

Cameron

Alara and Mel made their way over to the training ring Leo and I had just vacated. I watched closely as Alara, wrapped protective tape over her knuckles, a look of resolve settling on her face. All of this reminded me of our first spar, she had almost bested me. Emphasis on the almost, but since then she had been working on her skills, having to fight in numerous situations where she was the only person she could rely on.

Mel on the other hand was a vicious fighter, she was the kind of person to not take any prisoners, to act now and apologise later.

Her stance was one of someone who had expertise who knew their worth and knew how to win. Leo's stare was intent on his girlfriend, a small smile gracing his face, a look of pride too. 

"You know Mel's going to win right," he whispered to me as the two women squared up against each other.

I chuckled softly, "You never know with Alara, she can be a firecracker,"

"If Alara's a firecracker then Mel is the fuse," Leo quipped as they began to fight.

As expected, Mel was the one to land the first punch, though it had been aimed towards Alara's stomach she had anticipated the blow so it only landed on her shoulder, her whole side used a shield of flesh as she spun and landed a punch to Mel's side, though because of the angle at which she had hit it didn't do as much damage as she wanted.

There was a fire in her eyes, determination whittling itself into every movement. She was knocked down over and over, Mel had the skill of seasoned fighter but Alara was just getting started. She used the back of her hand to wipe some sweat from her brow.

I heard Mel shout, "Come one Lara, show me what you've got," she beckoned her closer, a wicked smirk pulled across her lips as she goaded Alara further.

I watched as something switched in Alara, before she had been on the defensive but now, she had had enough of being beaten down something snapped when she spoke, "Oh I will,"

And out of nowhere she reared back her hand and landed a powerful punch square in Melanie's stomach, the blow made her stumble backwards, but the grin never left her face, "Now that's what I'm talking about girl,"

Alara didn't react, she was there to win and no one would take that obsession away from her. I heard Leo take a deep intake of breath as the girls began to match each other blow for blow. They were closer to each other now, jabbing in wild directions with precision and deadly intent.

Mel never stopped teasing, each step of hers was calculated but so was Alara's, it was an even match, so much better than I had expected though it was clear that Mel had the upper hand anyone could have bet that Alara would win and I wouldn't deter them because she had a chance.

She had a chance but it was snatched away from her when, Mel shouted, "Cameron's left because he doesn't think you can win," immediately Alara's gazed snapped towards me, her eyes filled with sadness before she met my eyes, having genuinely thought I had left.

"I'm still here darling," I called out but I knew what Mel was planning she was prepared to land a finishing punch but I shouted, "Watch out sweetheart,"

Alara turned faster than lightning catching Mel's fist before it could knock her out, "And I thought we weren't playing dirty Mel,"

Mel flashed her teeth at Alara, "Oh sweetie, I always play dirty," she then lifted her leg and kicked her straight in the stomach, Alara keeled over in pain, but because she still had a tight grip on Mel's fist they both fell to the ground together, a definitive crash as they connected with rubber mats.

Both Leo and I rushed over to them, expecting them to be hunched over in pain but what we found was them with their sides splitting from laughter.

They both laid on the ground wide eyes staring up at us as we loomed over the giggling mess that was the girls.

"Oh gosh, I forgot how much fun fighting is," Mel wiped a stray tear from her eyes.

"You pack quite a punch Mel," Alara spoke pulling herself up, but falling back down once more as Mel snatched her back to the floor.

I reached out a hand to help Alara up she paused a moment, grinning slightly as she grasped my hand, I half expected her to pull me down with her but she didn't she gracefully stood, and her eyes drifted towards Leo, a knowing look passing between the too.

Leo helped Mel up gathering her into his arms and placing a swift kiss on her forehead, "Mel you're the winner in my heart, us Blaines never lose,"

"Yh-" Mel began to respond before her voice fell short, she turned to Leo who was smiling brightly, "Wait, what do you mean us Blaines,"

It was then Leo pulled something out of his pocket and then bent onto one knee.

"Oh my God, Leo what-" she gasped, a bubble of anticipation trapped in her voice.

"Melanie Felicity Strata, will you do me the honour of becoming my beloved wife?" Leo's face in that moment was brighter than the moon, the pure happiness he exuberated was nothing like I had ever seen before, he looked the picture of content, my best friend who I thought of as a brother had found the love of his life, and there was something quite beautiful about the moment.

Mel walked over to Leo, and ignoring the ring she reached for his hand and pulled him up from the ground, his smile dropped, as he thought he was going to be rejected but Mel, being Mel had other plans, once he was stood in front of her, she used the hand she was holding him with to pull him towards her, she crashed her lips onto his, giving him a searing kiss, as a tear fell from her eye, they stood there inexplicably close, and made to melt into each others arms.

She pulled back, her blue eyes glittering, "Does that answer your question?"

Leo looked stunned beyond belief, before smiling, "I'm not sure what if we try again?"

Mel shoved him backwards, "It's a yes you idiot."

"I knew it," Alara breathed out jumping for joy, "I knew you were going to propose, I could see it in your eyes, it's my sixth sense knowing when people are going to propose,"

My eyes lifted to her giddy figure, "Is that so? Then why didn't you know I was going to propose,"

She scowled slightly, "Because you never did," I didn't know why but the words cut deep, they shouldn't have hurt at all but they did because it was the truth.

"Don't worry Alara, once day you'll get your perfect proposal," I muttered the words bitterly and her face fell before she tried to hide her disappointment.

Mel was pulled into Leo's side and they looked completely and utterly in love.

Despite my dejected tone, Alara reached round to grab my arm whispering softly into my ear, "You know what will make my proposal perfect," she paused slightly before she whispered.

"If it comes from you."