26 - Fiend's Obsession

Gavin

Blood spews from my mouth as I scream toward the ceiling of this shithole. Red splatters as my vision swims with pain. I hear my elite shouting, but when a foolish hand creeps towards my little witch I'm quick to swipe it away with claws.

Under the reek of blood and excrement and the screaming agony in my limbs is sunshine. If this little fairy thought she could hide from me then she should have stunk of something less fascinating.

I pick her up as she slumps over. My mind can barely handle the onslaught of memories. CeCe's memories. My beloved. My little witch. Sweetheart, I called her that, too. In her delusions. Her dreams.

I taste blood and ash in my mouth, but a new, bitter taste is quickly attacking my taste buds. It takes a moment to realize that it's mating venom. I've never held this taste on my tongue before.

My wolf stirs in his cage, his bright golden eyes staring at the little witch with utter intensity. I wipe the back of my hand over my mouth and pull the slight female deeper into my arms. I'm shaking and bile surges, but I refuse to vomit. I have never been a weak male and I won't start because this waif of a female sank her little fangs into me.

Fucking hell. It's fucking painful. Everything that is her is seeping into my veins. Her sweetness wars with my cruelty. My wolf snarls, throwing himself at the cage. I grit my teeth, fighting the urge to open the lock. Wolves die when the fiend is free.

Her Sight was bang-on accurate, I suppose, if my wolf wasn't a raging, homicidal bastard. The fucker in her dreams wasn't nearly as bad as me. I guess she only saw a sweet, mellow version of the Black Prince.

"I locked you in the tower?" I mutter as I gather my princess in my arms. "Fuck. You were naked most of the time. That's tempting, sweetheart. Very tempting to repeat. You lost weight," I accuse her in my next breath as I run my hands up and down her nude body. Too skinny. It makes my wolf howl in rage, his eyes burning yellow. "They've starved you, yet you ask for mercy for them? Sweet little witch, aren't you?"

She's silent in my arms, her face still except for the tears slipping over her hollow cheeks. I didn't fucking like her tears before I got all her bogus memories. I sure as shit don't like it now. That burning rage in my gut festers and rots.

"Stop crying," I gasp out. My vision narrows to encompass just her. "Your little gift pegged me like a simp, princess," I tell her. "I've never been that kind." Her sweet elfin face is intoxicating. I almost believe that I'm the one experiencing dreams because how is this delicate, starving creature real? "Did you really run out of the castle in those fucking tunnels? I remember those from my puphood. I know they're there, though, so that part of your Knowing was wrong. The line of BlackFur alphas wasn't going to allow their mates to run away that easily, sweetheart." I laugh cruelly, insanely, my head tilted up to the ceiling as more blood bubbles and froths from my mouth. It's dripping on her, flecks of red dotting her paper-thin skin.

I start to spew more than blood. Words. Thoughts. Feelings. "Shit. I can imagine we really did fuck everywhere. Good habit to have. You're all skin and bones, but shit, when I recover from your little surprise don't think I won't Claim what's mine." She is bruised from head-to-toe and smells faintly of the alphason of this shit pack. My wolf howls again.

Mine. Heat rises in my blood. It feels as though I'm burning from the inside out. "I guess I have to be gentle? You're a virgin. I don't mind, beloved." My knees start to collapse. "I don't fucking mind at all. Fuck. That's going to be a good time."

"I'm not a bad father," I slur I can feel her venom nearly finished moving through my veins. Exhausting and exhilarating all at once. "I love Sal. His mother is a cunt, though. You're right about that. Did you know, sweetheart? Did you know that I was going to attempt to Claim her when I returned from this war? An attempt at staving off my death. Sal's going to be eight, soon. He's been asking questions."