33 - Father-By-Mating

CeCe

Do not fall asleep at the table. Don't. It's too embarrassing. The king is here. Your father-by-mating. Heck, your father is here, not that he can come close to me with the king here. No falling asleep.

I snap my eyes open with a soft gasp. Gavin's arms tighten on me as he quietly shushes me, his lips buried in my hair. "Shh, beloved. You can close your eyes," he murmurs. "It's alright. You're tired."

Blushing, I try to straighten up my body a little to stave off the nap looming over my head. My she-wolf is no help at all. Fast asleep in front of her den, she's on her back, her rounded belly jutting up gently from the feast we just consumed.

"Ceely, eat," Salvatore mumbles, just as sleepy as I am. I bite back a whimper of discomfort at the thought of eating more. I watch the pup as Salvatore lays his head on his grandfather's arm and closes his eyes.

"Drink, little fairy. You have to stay hydrated even in this cold weather," King Gideon says to me before adjusting his sleeping grandson and turning back to his conversation with Saxon.

Gavin toys with a small piece of steak with his fork. He wants to feed it to me, but he knows how full I am. He sets it down on the plate, and rubs my sore belly with his warm palm, instead.

The elite are all gathered around us, while the wolves, including my father and brother, are at the far end of the table. I have refused to look their way ever since we sat down and Gavin pulled me onto his lap. The king didn't even blink when he did it, but I don't remember any female in MoonGlist ever sitting on her male's lap, except for the... easier females, and only when the liquor and beer were flowing.

There were two of those females, Tricia and Amya, and I haven't seen them since Gavin took over the pack. They were always kinder to me when I had to serve the meals. At least, they didn't smack me for messing up. Once, when I was absolutely starving and couldn't resist, I snuck a bite of leftovers. I think Amya saw me, but she didn't tattle.

Gavin blows out a long, steady breath. "Javi, Levan," he calls for his top two males.

"Sire?"

"Find the two females named Amya and..."

"Tricia," I supply in a whisper.

"Tricia. Young females. Tricia is blond with a slight hook to her nose, brown eyes. Amya has dark skin and giant tits." Gavin pulls the descriptions from my mind through our bond, but I'm nearly positive that I never used 'giant tits' as a description for anyone.

"Pietr Claimed Amya," Levan responds immediately.

"I think Hiem is working on the other female," another male behind me responds.

I'm still reeling over the 'giant tits,' comment, when it sinks in. "Wait. More Claiming?" I ask. I wrack my brain, but I can't remember if Amya or Tricia were fated MateLess, or lost their mates. Or, were their mates just terrible males who deserved to lose them, like Nyel's Kyla?

The lodge falls silent. I glance at the king, who has a smirk on his face. "More Claims, son?" he prods.

"My elite only bond with MateLess wolves, Da," Gavin says smoothly. I peek at him through the corner of my eyes. It seems like a practiced answer, as if these two have had this argument before. Yet, I remember in the Knowing that most of Gavin's elite were unmated, which is why the orgies came to be.

Gavin is taking a sip of the thick, dark beer Alpha Tilian took so much pride in when that thought reverberates. Choking, he spits it out over my head, roaring with laughter. Capturing my chin, he turns my head upward and kisses me square on the mouth, still chuckling. "Not anymore, eh? I have all I need with you. I fucking love you," he whispers fiercely against my mouth.