Chapter 1: Summer of 2022

June 1, 2022

School ended and summer started. You were glad school ended but were already bored out of your mind.

Hawkins, Indiana was a quiet small town. You didn't have many friends but you did have one. Her name was Mazzy.

You and Mazzy were each other's only friends. But you guys didn't mind. You guys liked not having to deal with dumb drama, and being a quiet pair who just observed everyone else.

Mazzy was a very beautiful girl. But so were you. Everyone in Hawkins knew you guys because it was a small town. Guys would always try to hit on you guys but y'all would shut it down immediately.

Both of you weren't interested in the guys in Hawkins. They were all low lives who wanted one thing. Sex.

You guys were waiting for a guy who had charm, love, and most of all a gentleman.

You called Mazzy and asked her if she wanted to go to the abandoned Star Court Mall.

"HELL YEAH! Let's go I'm bored out of my mind. Just let me get changed and I'll bike and meet you there." Mazzy responded.

"Okay perfect. But please remember to bring a taser I don't want some junkie to attack us. Also bring some snacks specifically cheez itz. THANK YOU LOVE YOU!" you responded.

"Wait but why do I have to bring the cheez itz don't you have some?" Mazzy questioned.

"Yes but yours are salted perfectly on both sides. They're crispier and better! Come on do it for meeee," you whined.

"Alright only because I love you," Mazzy said sighing.

"THANK YOU LOVE YOU BYE SEE YOU THERE!" you screamed through the phone.

You put on some shoes and got changed. You told your parents you were going to hangout with Mazzy and kissed them goodbye.

"Be safe alright love you and make sure you call your aunt back she misses you," your Mom said.

"Yeah I will don't worry meanwhile just tell Aunt Jane I'll call her tomorrow. Bye Mom love you too!" you responded while leaving on your bike.

Your aunt Jane was like your second Mother and your best friend. She would always tell you stories about the 80s. You loved talking with her.

You put on your AirPods and played 'Cloud Busting' by Kate Bush. You loved the nostalgia the song gave you. It reminded you of the 80s.

You rode your bike until you arrived at the mall. You thought it was too beautiful to have been abandoned. If only you could go back to its prime time. Back in the 80s it was abandoned after some Russians occupied it and there was a fire. Not much info on why.

"Y/N!" you heard your name which took you out of your trance.

"Hey love how are you?" you said while hugging Mazzy.

"I'm good brought our snacks and a taser. Let's go explore this baby!" Mazzy said with a glimpse of curiosity in her eyes.

You both entered on your bikes and saw vines and insects infesting the once glorious mall.

"At least Mother Nature has taken back its home!" Mazzy screamed while biking in the echoey mall.

"For sure!" you responded while grabbing a Rollie Pollie of the floor playing with it.

You got on your bike and followed Mazzy. The sounds of your bikes making a loud noise against the hollow building.

"Hey Y/N take a look at this!" Mazzy said as she pulled up to what seemed to be a ice cream place. You guys parked and got off your bikes and looked at the shop.

"Coops ahoy?" you questioned reading the rusted sign.

Mazzy pointed at the rubbed faint 'S' on the sign "I think it's Scoops Ahoy. It got so old it rubbed off," Mazzy said.

"Hmm that sounds so much better then Coops Ahoy," you said.

Both of you entered and everything was still in tact. You grabbed the ice cream scooper and joked as if you were scooping ice cream.

"Want some of our limited edition ghost ice cream!" you imitated as a worker to Mazzy.

"I'd love some just go ahead and just put it in my hand," Mazzy joked back.

You laughed and put the scooper back. You entered the break room. While Mazzy explored the tables. There was a board with fainted marker that said 'YOU RULE' and 'YOU SUCK' with tally marks.

"Probably some kids vandalizing," you thought to yourself. You heard a noise and went to explore it. You entered the path behind the scoops ahoy break room. You saw a white light in front of you.

It was such a beautiful light that engulfed you. You were in a trance. You felt like you needed to go through it.

"Y/N!" Mazzy screamed running to find you. When she found you she stopped in her tracks. You were in a trance just standing in front of the light. Mazzy was scared.

"Y/N! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT COME BACK LETS GO! WHAT'RE YOU DOING" Mazzy said frightened with tears in her eyes.

You turned back and looked at her frightened eyes. You couldn't speak or scream. You walked through the light. With the last thing you seeing is your bestfriend Mazzy screaming your name running towards you. Before you disappeared with the white light.

Hey guys please vote if you like this story so I know and can update it regularly! :)