Chapter 17: Explaining

June 4, 1985

Hopper gets in the car and starts it.

"It doesn't make sense I have another daughter?" Hopper asks.

You look at him and say, "Mom said her and aunt Jane were from the same adoption facility." You look down and then continue saying, "she never said anything about her having powers."

Hopper looks at you and says, "sweetie it's not your fault. There must've been a reason her and I kept it a secret. For this exact situation."

"Thank you guys for everything," you say while turning back to all the boys in the back seat.

"Anytime Y/N," Dustin says with a big smile.

"Yeah it's the least we could do," Will adds.

"You know I'll do anything for you babe," Steve says later regretting that last word.

"WHAT?" Hopper says speeding up gripping the wheel.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY BABE HARRINGTON" hopper says angry and over-protectively.

"Sir im sorry we were gonna tell you at some point-" Steve says before Hopper turns aggressively.

"Grandpa calm down!! Please," you say seriously wanting him to slow down.

Hopper just huffs and slows down when you guys arrive at a small cabin. He gets out and slams the door while going to you and opening your door and helping you out. The boys get out and follow.

"You have a lot of explaining to do young lady!" Hopper yells while opening the cabin door.

"YOU TOO HARRINGTON," he yells back at Steve. Dustin and Will just stay quiet not wanting to get involved.

You guys go inside and sit on the couch while Hopper aggressively goes into the kitchen to grab a beer.

He sits in the seat in front of you guys and places his beer on the small table.

"Harrington explain," Hopper says coldly.

The boys all gulp and get sweaty.

"Well uh Hopper sir your granddaughter is beautiful on the inside and outside. Pfft I mean i couldn't help not falling in love with her," Steve says nervously trying to lighten up Hopper. But Hopper wasn't having any of it.

"You guys love eachother?" Hopper asks both of you guys. Steve nods.

"Grandpa can i speak with you alone please," you say gently. He grunts and you guys go into a room which you assumed to be aunt Janes room. You state at him and say, "grandpa Steve has helped me a lot. He means a lot to me so can you please go easy on him. I mean for gods sake I'm in love with the man. He's my boyfriend."

Hopper takes a deep breath and replies saying, "Y/N you're from the future you do understand love isn't going to help you here."

"I don't want to go Grandpa I want to stay here. I mean I'd get to live with you and know you when you're younger and spend double the time than I had in 2022," you say truthfully.

Hopper understands where you're coming from but he doesn't know how this would affect the future.

"If i let you stay here in the cabin and date that party boy Harrington you have to promise me this won't affect the future," he says.

"Grandpa I can't promise you that just.. Just please trust me and allow me to experience my newfound love with Steve," you say say staring at him.

"Please grandpa," you add looking into his eyes smiling.