Chapter 2: Summer of 1985

June 2, 1985

You wake up in the mall frightened. You get up and run out of the Scoops Ahoy.

"MAZZY!!" you screamed.

"MAZZY WHERE ARE YOU IM SO SORRY," you keep screaming. You stop dead in your tracks when you realize that Star Court Mall isn't so abandoned after all.

You look around and you see the neon lights lighting up the mall. There was no one here but it all the stores were filled with clothes and food.

"What the fuck is going on," you thought. "FUCK WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME IM JUST DREAMING RIGHT?" you pinch yourself to wake yourself up.

Fuck. You felt the harsh pinch you gave yourself. Now that you think about it your bike wasn't in the shop either. "Holy shit this is trippy" you said.

You leave the mall and realize it's about 10 AM. People start pulling into the parking lot. In their working attire. You rub your eyes when you see the cars entering the parking lot. They were nothing like the cars you saw in Hawkins. They were all older models and looked like they were from the 80s. The people getting out the car had big puffy hair something out of the ordinary.

You stare at a guy entering the mall. The guy looks at you with a confused look.

"You lost sweetheart?" the guy says with  a flirty intention.

You continue staring at him until you say, "Yes I'm very lost, um what's up with the big hair and 80s clothes?" you ask confused.

The guy stares you up and down. You were gonna say something but then you realize you were wearing flare leggings that show your curves and but. And a revealing top which exposed your cleavage.

"What do you mean 80s clothes? Sweetheart it's 1985 what do you expect us to wear? The clothes your wearing?" he says in a snarky voice. While entering the mall and leaving you outside dumbfounded.

"Holy shit. HOLY FUCK HOLY SHIT," you say earning the stares of other workers entering the mall.

You go to the nearest person and ask, "What year is it?"

The girl looks at you weirded out while chewing her gum obnoxiously loud, "It's 1985. You airhead." She says entering the mall while blowing a bubble.

"What have I gotten myself into," you say walking away and waiting until more people show up. Specifically teens so you can confirm if it's all a big prank on you. Since it's a small town you know every teen.

You fall asleep on a bench until someone poking at you wake you up. "GET AWAY," you scream waking up until a frightened boy and his two friends both stare at you with their hands up.

"Oh my god I'm sorry i've had a rough day," you say genuinely out of breath.

The boys relax and you stare at them. You didn't recognize them.

"You guys aren't from here

"You guys aren't from here. Who are you?" you say confused.

"I was about to ask you the same thing who are you? And why are you sleeping in front of the mall?," the boy asks genuinely wondering how you ended up here. He had black hair and yellow striped shirt.

"Yeah who are you are you okay?" another boy asks with black hair and hat and a light blue top.

"My names Y/N and no I'm not okay I don't know how I ended up here. This mall used to be abandoned and now all of a sudden it's in use. And everyone's staring at me weirdly and I lost my friend. Everyone in weird 80s clothes. Im a mess." You say in one breath trying to catch your breath.

"Woah woah slow down," the boy in the yellow shirt says. "My names Mike the guys in the blue top his names Lucas. And the quiet one is Will. How about we get you ice cream and you can explain to us what happened" he says with a smile.

You smile back and accept his offer. You get off the bench and you all enter the mall.

Hey guys please vote if you like this story so I know and can update it regularly! :)