Chapter 18: Aunt Jane

June 5, 1985

As Steve and Hopper take your unconscious self into the car Hopper tells Dustin, Mike, and Will, "STAY HERE AND GET JANE TO COME OUT!" Steve stays in the backseat and puts your head on his lap.

The boys nod and see Hoppers truck fade away as he drives.

"GOD DAMMIT Y/N," Steve says as he pushes your hair back. Steve didn't want to cry especially in front of your grandpa. He knew you probably would've wanted him to cry. The times were different from your time. Boys crying was normalized and wasn't "feminine". But Steve and everyone in the 80s didn't understand that.

"Hey kid she's going to be fine," Hopper says while frantically driving to the hospital.

"But once she's better we need to figure out how we're going to keep her here without affecting the futures timeline," Hopper adds.

Steve looks at Hopper and says, "why can't she stay here it won't affect anything. I mean she fits in perfectly."

"Look kid it's not about fitting in. We're talking about MY kid who I'm going to be adopting at some point. Y/N's Mom, we can't mess anything up," Hopper replies upset.

Steve just looks at him and says, "I know I just-. I just don't want to lose her."

"I know you don't kid," Hopper replies sincerely.

Steve and Hopper arrive at the hospital and urgently bring you in.

The nurses and doctors quickly lift you on a stretcher.

"Sir what happened!" the nurse asks while the other nurses rush you to a open room.

"She fell on stairs really hardly! Please tell me she'll be fine that's my granddaughter!" Hopper says scared as him and Steve follow her.

"Sir I promise you she's in good hands her injuries seem to be minor. Please wait here while we finish," the lady stops both Steve and Hopper and closes the door in front of them.

Hopper and Steve sigh and wait in the waiting room for the doctor to let them in to see you.

Back at Hoppers Cabin

"Y/N come on open the door! You don't understand you hurt her!" Mike pleads behind the door.

Eleven unlocks the door and slams it against her wall.

"Why is she so special," Eleven asks bluntly. She didn't understand why everyone love you so much. She was jealous of you.

"Eleven you don't understand Y/N's different.." Dustin says.

"Yeah Eleven you have to understand. You can't just hurt people when you're upset. Especially Y/N," Mike continues looking at her.

"Different? What do you mean?" Eleven asks.

"Should we tell her?" Will asks Dustin and Mike.

Mike sighs and says, "i guess so."

"Eleven sit down please," Dustin asks. Eleven and everyone else sits on the couch.

"Look Eleven Y/N isnt just some random girl who started hanging out with us," Mike says. "She's like you El she- s-she has powers," Mike continues.

"Impossible Papa and the others are gone," Eleven says scared.

"Eleven, Y/N isn't from the Hawkins lab," Dustin adds.

"Sh- she's from the future." Will adds stuttering while looking up at her.

"W-what?" Eleven asks shocked and freaking out now.

Mike sits next to Eleven and squeezes her hand.

"Eleven what I'm going to say next is going to be hard to understand," Mike says seriously while looking at her eyes.

"You can't freak out and run, alright?" Mike adds.

"Okay," is all Eleven says while gulping.

"Y/N is special because she's your niece El. You're her aunt," Mike says softly.

"It's true," Dustin says seriously.

"W-what?" Eleven asks truly confused and mad she hurt someone related to her.

"Niece?" Eleven asks still unsure what that meant.

"Yeah a niece you know when your brother or sister has a kid. That means they're your niece or nephew. And you're their aunt," Will explains knowing Eleven still didn't know much about the real world.

"I have a sister and niece?" Eleven asks slowly.

"Yeah that's another problem," Mike adds. They continue telling Eleven everything that happened with you. And how Hopper still hasn't adopted her sister. And if Y/N stays in 1985 how that might change the timeline.

Eleven understand and is regretful for hurting you. She wanted to see you and apologize for everything. She thought she was being replaced and was jealous.

"Can i see her?" Eleven asked teary eyed.

"Y-yeah of course we'll just have to call Nancy to give us a ride," Mike says smiling.

Mike calls Nancy to take them to the hospital to see his friend. Nancy agrees and drives to the cabin. She honks and everyone gets inside her car. She was already cranky considering it was 2 in the morning

 She was already cranky considering it was 2 in the morning

"Who's hurt and in the hospital?" Nancy asks while driving.

"Y/N fell and went unconscious. Steve and Hopper took her to the hospital," Mike says bluntly hoping that you were going to be okay.

"Hopper took her?" Nancy asks confused.

"He's her grandpa," Dustin says unaware about the fact that Mike made up a whole story on why she's "visiting".

"I thought she was staying with Steve though? Hopper let her stay with her boyfriend?" Nancy asks confused and very suspicious.

"If i have to explain this one more time," Mike says sighing.

"Explain what? It's just everything you're telling me isn't making sense," Nancy says with her voice raising.

"I'll give you a shortened version," Dustin says.

"Y/N time traveled from 2022 and now she's in 1985. She met Steve and started dating him. We later found out her Hopper and Eleven are related and that's why she has powers. There," Dustin says also tired of explaining.

"WHAT?" Nancy says turning back at Dustin.

"NANCY WATCH THE ROAD," Mike says yelling at her.

"We're not lying it's true. With all the crazy stuff we've experienced you'll believe this." Will adds quietly.

Nancy decides not to say anything else and they arrive at the hospital. Nancy Eleven and the boys get out the car. Dustin,
Mike, and Will run inside wanting to know if you're okay.

"Slow your horses," Hopper says blocking the boys from running into people.

Hey loves please give this chapter a vote if you enjoyed it so i can update it regularly!! ♥️