Outlaw Country...

"What's with bad guys and ancient amulets?" Nate asked rhetorically. The thing the KGB gave Darhk was in fact another amulet.

"Any idea why Darhk wants it?" Ray asked Sara.

"All I know is, it's never a good idea when your nemesis starts accessorizing."

"And he's teamed up with a speedster." Jax reminded the group.

"What's a speedster?" Amaya asked us, confused.

"Someone with superspeed." I explained it as best I could. "That's how Darhk escaped."

"The energy of the speed force grants the speedster chronokinesis, temporal manipulation." My father explained better.

"English, professor." Mick grunted, sipping out of his beer bottle.

"It means that his running real fast lets him time travel." I dumbed it down for the arsonist.

"I'll be in my room." He grunted in response, getting up and leaving the parlor.

"Martin, I need you to gather everything you can on speedsters." Sara dismissed my father. "And Nate's right- this amulet looks a lot like the one we recovered from the Nazis. There's got to be a connection."
"Let me guess, Maria and I are on library duty." Nate said, the two of us already exiting the parlor and heading towards the library.

XXX

"I'm thinking this amulet dates back to Late Antiquity and is Judeo-Christian in origin." Nate said, studying the amulet.

"Great!" Ray said optimistically. "Is- Is that great?"

"Well, we can't find a reference of it anywhere." I informed him. "Like, none. Historically speaking, this doesn't exist."
"Well, this is right in front of us, so I'd say it does exist." Sara said, holding up the amulet.

"And we know Damien Darhk and the speedster are willing to kill for it." Amaya added.

"Sounds like you two got some homework to do." Sara tossed the amulet down on the desk and Nate slouched back in his chair. "What?"

"I- I just thought becoming a superhero, I would spend less time in the library than my old job. That's all."

"Well, research skills are a kind of superpower." Ray said optimistically once again. "And you can turn to steel. So you got two." The time seismograph started to go off.

"Saved by the aberration." Nate said happily.

"Oh, what's the trouble alert say?"

"Look, I told you, don't call it that." Sara scolded him.

"The time quake's epicenter is Liberty, Colorado, 1874." I read off the tablet.

"Hah! Back to the Wild West!"

"You guys were in the Old West?" Nate asked his friend, intrigued.

"Yeah, the town made me Sheriff." Ray gloated. I rolled my eyes. Thinking back, all I could remember was me and Sara out drinking Rory pretty easily.

"That's cool."

"All right, well, I will go tell Jax and Stein. Who wants to tell Rory?"

"Not it." Nate, Ray, and I all said at the same time, walking out of the library quickly before Sara could try to convince us to tell him.

XXX

Sara landed the waverider in a forest and all of us got out. Conveniently, there were a bunch of horses nearly 20 feet away from the waverider, so we got on our horses and started riding through the forest. However, Nate's horse was completely out of control.