Camelot/3000...

Me sleeping over in Amaya's quarters became a regular habit for the two of us. This one day I was up before Amaya, but I didn't want to move and risk waking her up. So, there I was, laying next to Amaya, my head propped up on my arm. Slowly, Amaya stirred and looked back at me.

"You know, it's weird to watch people in their sleep." She said, rubbing her eyes to keep her awake.

"I can't help it, I was just admiring how beautiful you are." I said, knowing how cheesy the comment would sound.

"Why are you just so charming?" She responded, staring up at me in awe.

"Just for you." I leaned down to kiss her, but Gideon's voice stopped me.

"Pardon me, Miss Stein and Miss Jiwe, but Captain Lance has requested everyone's presence on the bridge rather urgently."

XXX

"What's going on?"

"Lily's algorithm located a piece of the spear of destiny." Sara responded, answering Mick's question quickly.

"When? I mean, I know just now, but where are we headed?" Ray asked and clarified.

"Detroit, the year 3000 A.D."

"Journey into the distant future. How exciting?" Stein declared, clearly excited with the opportunity.

"Speak for yourself." I said, shrugging shoulders.

"Come on, who doesn't like the future?" Jax asked.

"I like history, I know. It's filled with terror and violence, but the future just-" My dad cut me off.

"It's uncertain."

"Yeah, and it freaks me out a little." I admitted.

"Then just stay on the ship." Amaya recommended.

"You think I should stay on the ship?" I asked, trying to understand why she was weighing in on the situation.

"I don't care, it's up to you." Our squabbling was interrupted by Sara starting the ship and time jumping us to 3000 A.D.

"I am a professional. If you need me to visit the future, I can visit the future."

"And I'm just saying it's entirely up to you."

"And I'm just saying shut up." Sara intervened again. "Maria, you'll stay on the ship. The rest of us will go find the spear."

"Unfortunately, the medallion is no longer sensing the presence of the spear fragment."

"So we came here for nothing?" Ray asked the captain.

"Maybe not. Gideon, do they have booze in the year 3000?" Mick asked Gideon.

"Better yet, Gideon, do you have the last position of the fragment?"

XXX
"I just don't get it." Nate admitted as he paced the library.

"Please be more specific." My father asked of him. "That could be a very long list."

"Okay, even assuming the Legion took the spear fragment from here, how did they even know it was here?"

"Without the medallion, you mean." My father added for Nate.

"Rip must've told them." I concluded. "Somehow he remembers where the pieces of the spear are."

"Well, then it's a good thing Sara let him escape." Amaya added bitterly from her seat in the corner of the parlor.

"I'm sorry, do you want to say something to me?" Sara turned to ask her.