Wives Being Wives...

This is just a very very very short filler chapter cause I don't have time to write out a full episode

-J

The last 2 days were spent in our quarters together. It was a staycation of sorts. Only problem about the ever so pleasant staycation was that Amaya wouldn't talk to me. We went through the same process for two days in a row now. We'd wake up (no talking), get dressed (no talking), each go through our own workout (no talking), watch a TV show or movie (no talking), and then go to bed. It had only been two days and I was extremely fed up with it.

I think it had to do with the fact I waited nearly a week to actually tell Amaya what had happened. I could tell she was hurt, which is why I gave her the initial two days of space. Now, I was past just letting her feel bad for herself or whatever she was feeling.

"Amaya-" I cut myself off, not realizing how hoarse my voice would be after two days of not speaking.

"We're not speaking." And that was the end of that for now.

XXX
I decided to make another attempt to talk at the beginning of day three.

"Good morning."

"Morning." Her response was low, but not hesitant.

"Do you think we could talk now?"

"Fine, you wanna talk, let's talk." Amaya was begrudging to do this, clearly. "Want to talk about the fact that Nate is in love with you?" She slammed a pillow down on our bed. "The fact that you hid it from me?" Another pillow hit the bed harshly. "Or the fact that you let me stand with him, side by side, for a week while he was in love with you." She went to throw down another pillow, but I grabbed her wrists harshly, effectively stopping her.

"Amaya-" I cut myself off. The distance between us was close to none. The tension was so thick that I would've sworn that I actually felt it.

XXX

Now naked in bed, a solid hour and a half later, it was time to make my third attempt at talking. "As nice as that was. It doesn't solve any of our problems." I let Amaya rest her head on my chest as I stroked her hair.

"I'm just hurt." Amaya finally admitted, not bothering to lift her head off my chest. "I don't like it when you hide things from me."

"You know, and I'm not saying I do this on purpose, but I think maybe I do this subconsciously to get back at you for leaving me for 1942." I kissed her forehead. "Either way, I'm sorry."

"I forgive you."

"Wow, three days just for that?" I asked, only sort of joking. "We still have two days at least before the team will start to worry."

"Then let's make it worth the while."