Crisis On Earth-X Part 1...

England, 1183 AD

I stood in the way of the knights, blocking their path. Our anachronism was their prisoner and I was the distraction.
"Please, sir. Alms for the poor?" I fake begged.

"Out of the way, young lady. Royal business in Nottingham. It'll be your neck if we're late." The team attacked just then, knocking a knight off his horse and ensuing a fight.

As we were fighting, a thought crossed my mind. "Hey, guys, did we RSVP for Barry and Iris' wedding?"

"We definitely did not." Sara said as she tried to get herself out of a chokehold.

"Then that's a serious breach of courtesy!" My father scolded us as we continued to fight.

"Weddings are the worst." Mick grunted as he took on two more knights. I knocked out the last knight just before the waverider hovered over us with the lights on.

"All right, team, let's go!" My father yelled over the sound of the ship. "We got a wedding to prepare for."

XXX

The night of Barry and Iris' rehearsal dinner was filled with lots of reunions. Lots of us hadn't seen anyone since the Dominator Invasion the year before. It was also full of laughter. This was just one of those nights where a room of superheroes could just be, you know, happy. And, of course, it wouldn't be a rehearsal dinner if Sara didn't get herself and somebody else drunk.

My father walked into the party late, coming up to the table with me, my mother, my sister, and Jax.

"You're late. As usual."

"Sorry, I had to change." He apologized as he kissed my mother on the cheek.

"Don't you have a time machine?" Lily asked, almost sardonically.

"Yes. Very droll." He looked over at Jax. "Jefferson. I need to talk to you. Would you excuse us for a minute?" The three of us just nodded and let the boys go off on their own.

"Hey, where's your plus one?" My sister asked me. As if on queue, Amaya walked through the door wearing a stunning, drop dead dress.

"There she is." She walked up to me, a smile on her face, giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I wrapped my arm around her waist as we turned to my sister and mother. They didn't know that we had gotten back together.

My sister was the first one to point that out. "No offense, but I thought you two broke up."

"Uh, we did." My grip around her waist only tightened. "And we decided to get back together."

"Uh, welcome to the family." I let go of Amaya so that she could hug my mother. "Again." She added awkwardly.

XXX

Iris' father, Joe West, clinked a fork against his glass, effectively getting everyone's attention. "Can I have everyone's attention for a second?" We gathered around the middle of the room. "Grab a drink." People started to pass champagne glasses around. "All right. So, the old man has a few words to say. What can I possibly say about Barry and Iris that everyone in this room doesn't already know? How they're special, and kind, and brave. But, we all know that, so, I'm gonna talk to you all about somebody you may not know. Me. For the longest time, I've been happy just to be the dad to these two."

Amaya brought her head next to mine and whispered in my ear. "They're siblings?"

"Adopted siblings. I'll explain it to you later." I assured her, focusing my attention back on Joe.

"And then Wally comes along and...then watching them face what they have in the last few years with grace, and trust, and love, so much love... you see two people who love like that and you want it, too."