XVII

"Does my blood on your hands make you happy?"

"Changbin....thanks." After jumping out the window, Lee Know didn't know where to go. He didn't enjoy lying to people, unlike his brain mate. Changing Minho's ideology of omegas was going to be a challenge, and Lee Know wasn't entirely sure he could make Minho agree.

"Ugh, Puff?" Speak of the devil. Minho had woken up sooner than Lee Know had anticipated, and now he needed to think quickly to keep Minho at bay.

"Umm, hey, buddy." Lee Know cringed. "Umm, so, what's the last thing you remember before falling asleep?"Lee Know could tell Minho was straining to run through the last several hours.

"You son of a bitch!" If Minho could throw a punch at his wolf, he would. But he wasn't the one in control right now, so he could only throw insults at Lee Know, which he didn't hold back on.

"How dare you take over my body without my permission?! And to save an omega no less."

Lee Know was trying with all of his might to control his temper with Minho. As much as he loved Minho, his hatred couldn't be understood by Lee Know. It was solid and blind like a soldier following orders from a tyrant king. It was baffling.

"Minho, I know you're upset, but I'm going to tell you something that will probably make you even more upset." Lee Know searched for the right words. "I just need you to promise me you won't try and take over. I'm begging you."

Even though Minho hated the thought of listening to anything his wolf told him, Minho was too exhausted to fight with Lee Know. So he promised the wolf as Lee Know started explaining what happened after Minho collapsed.

"Long story short, we need to watch over our mate and his friend because of the attack that I interrupted......"

Minho was silent for a long while. The silence within Lee Know's mind was deafening and petrifying. When Minho is upset and yelling or hitting someone, it's bearable. But when Minho is silent, he usually plans to torture you forty different ways to Sunday, making Lee Know shiver. Minho couldn't hurt Lee Know, but he could definitely hurt the people around him, which worried him.

"What kind of alpha do you take me for?" Minho asked, relatively calm given the situation.

"What do you mean?" Minho just sighed.

"Nevermind. No, your insane if you expect me to protect that thing when I'm in control."

"Minho, for the love of all things near and dear to you, why must you make this so difficult for yourself?! Why must you suffer this horrible and dreaded hatred you are so hell-bent on pursuing? Look at what you've become! How do you expect this kind of behavior to help you rule when you eventually take over for your father?! WHY ARE YOU SO MOTHERFUCKING STUBBORN?!" Lee Know couldn't take it anymore; his bottled-up rages came forth, and Minho didn't hold back either.

"Fuck you. You have no idea what happened before you showed up! Because you decided to puss out, I had to deal with torture for years. All because YOU DIDN'T SHOW UP! You left me alone. Scared and alone with the people that we are supposed to call parents! I learned from a young age not to trust ANYONE, especially smaller and weaker wolves that take advantage of you, and RIP, open your heart. So I'm sorry, Puff, I'm sorry if the thought of touching or even being around my mate makes me recoil in sickness. I can't help that I was taught to despise their kind."

"How was I supposed to know what you went through as a child?! As soon as I showed up, you rendered me a hindrance and only talked to me when we went out on hunts or went to war with another pack. I know LESS about you, my master, than I do about Changbin, Chan, or even fucking Hyunjin! You never TOLD me anything!"