XXVIII

" my turn..."

"Jisung?" Minho paced around the grass plot, looking for disturbances that could tell him where Jisung was taken. The boy was nowhere. Minho kept yelling the boy's name, getting the sound of silence in return.  A dark cloud of grief overcame the alpha as he sniffed the air, noting an all-too-familiar scent that sent his mind whirling.

"Oh god, Puff. No, no, FUCK!" Minho punched the tree next to him, breaking two of his knuckles, but he couldn't care less about the pain. How? How could this have happened?

"Minho talk to me, what's going on?"

"He took him. God, he took him." The breath caught in the back of his throat, coming in spades. His vision was turning black, and he couldn't feel his hands.

"What do I do, Puff? What's wrong with me?" Minho's chest felt tight, it hurt so bad to suck in a breath.

"Why am I feeling like this?" His body was shaking uncontrollably, he couldn't think. He was crying. Minho never cried, especially over another wolf. Why? Why couldn't he understand?

"He took him, and I don't know where. How am I supposed to find him? WHY PUFF? Why is everything taken away from me?!" Minho felt like he was going insane. Nothing felt real anymore, for the first time since Sojun's death, he felt out of control.

"Minho, let me take over, you can't do anything right now and I need to find Jisung." Minho angrily hissed back an insult at Lee Know, he could barely think straight with the little control he had in his body, but losing all control for Lee Know would put Minho over the edge. He would break down.

"I'm fine Puff," Minho wiped the tears off his face, "Let me stay, please." Lee Know sighed, thinking over how to best help a mate-crazed Minho. Deciding to let Minho search for awhile longer, Lee Know didn't argue and continued to help Minho in the search. Following Jisung's scent trail led them to a dead end just outside the main path that led back toward campus. The same path that Minho had first met Jisung on when the boy was discovering the woods the first weeks of class. Minho looked down and noticed tire tracks.

"GOD DAMN IT!" Minho didn't know what to do. His emotions were all over the place. He couldn't think straight. This felt like another bad dream. History was repeating itself.

"Minho, we need help. We can't go chase after a car alone, and we don't even know where he's going." Minho shook his head at the thought of help. Who would he ask? He couldn't ask his family, they would kill Jisung just like they had killed Sojun, and the rest of the pack would just watch.

"Minho, Minho listen to me..." All his friends had to hate him now, especially after his episode this morning. Chan probably had a broken nose, and Changbin would side with Felix since the boy was his mate. Hyunjin hadn't talked to Minho in days, though Minho didn't know why. He had no one, and it was all his fault.

Minho continued to pace around, punching everything in sight, his knuckles were cut open, blood dripping down his hands, landing softly on the grass below. Minho couldn't feel pain. Not physical pain. The pain he felt in his heart was ten times worse than any pain he could inflict on himself.

"MINHO! Get it together! You lost Jisung; now it's time for us to find him!"

"I KNOW," Minho screamed into the air, " I know I lost him! If I would've just stayed with him for a little longer he would still be here! HE WOULD BE SAFE! I KNOW! IT WOULD JUST BE BETTER IF I KILLED MY-"

Minho fell to the ground, a gut-wrenching pain crawling through his stomach and back. It felt like someone had just punched him. The pain in his stomach was vivid, nothing like the dull pain in his hands, this was sharp, from an outside source sharp.