XXVI

"...my beautiful rose..."

"Why are you here? Leave me alone!" Jisung was shaking as Minho entered his room, obviously smelling of alcohol. The boy was still on edge, the memories of that night still coming back in waves.

"Hey, omega~, mind if I come in?" Jisung looked down at Minho in disgust as the alpha stumbled through the window. Jisung stared at Minho as he fell into the chair with a laugh. Minho looked up at Jisung and smiled, catching Jisung off guard.

"Why the long face sunshine? I thought you'd be happy to see me." Minho giggled at Jisung's facial expressions, all of them conveying the opposite of delight at Minho's presence.

"Happy? Why would I be happy to see you?" Jisung couldn't think straight; what was the point of Minho showing up here? What could he possibly want?

"Oh, sunshine. I know how you feel about me. I see how you're eyes light up for that one second when I first walk in a room, only for the light to drain from those same beautiful eyes when I'm the same asshole that walked through the door the day before." Jisung was starting to get uncomfortable at Minho's words. How could someone say something so...beautiful and disgusting at the same time?

"You don't know anything. Why would I keep hope with you? Weren't you the one to tell me that I wouldn't ever have love from you?" Minho laughed and nodded at Jisung.

"So you do listen! Ah, such a good boy you are." Jisung stopped and looked Minho in the eyes, trying to understand what was happening in the alpha's head. Minho just smirked and reached out for the boy but missed. Jisung yelped and moved to the opposite side of the room, causing Minho to laugh again.

"Come on, baby, don't be afraid of me; I don't bite. Well, not yet, at least." Minho burst out laughing at Jisung's expression. The boy looked so confused, like a combination of mortification and unbelievability. Jisung slowly walked back over towards Minho but still kept far enough away from his grasp.

"Minho?"

"Yes, omega?" Jisung sighed; this wasn't going to go well.

"Why are you like this? I'm trying so hard to understand why you hate me so much, but I just can't understand it. Please tell me what's wrong. What happened to you?"

Minho looked at Jisung but didn't yell; he didn't scream. He started talking. Calming talking, Jisung listened.

"You wanna know why I hate you so much?" Jisung hesitated but nodded his head. Minho sighed but started laughing.

"You know what, fuck it. Fine, I'll tell you. It's not like it'll matter anyway." Jisung sat on his bed as Minho cleared his throat. He expected this to take quite a while.

"When I was a kid, there was an omega. A beautiful fucking omega that I loved with my entire heart. Even though I wasn't supposed to, I loved him. We were going to be happy together; we were going to run away together and live a life of peace. We were going to be happy, and my happiness caused his death. Because I didn't listen, because I decided to love someone of your kind, I got him killed. Instead of listening to my father and staying away from you disgusting people, I got the love of my life killed." Minho chuckled as his eyes darkened, startling Jisung.

"You wanna know the worst part?" Minho leaned forward and smirked.

"I killed him. My punishment for happiness was killing my beloved. So, omega, you wanna know why I hate your kind? Why I'm repulsed to look at you, to even touch you? Because your kind ruined my life and caused the death of the person who gave me happiness. He's dead, and I have no reason to live anymore. His death was my death." Minho looked up to see Jisung in tears, not expecting the boy to react in such a way.