XXV

"Don't die on me, omega."

"Minho, Chan is here." Minho looked up and saw Chan standing by the door and sighed with relief as he glanced at Jisung again, noticing the boy was still sound asleep. Chan walked in and grabbed Minho by the shoulder, wanting to talk.

"What, Chan?" Minho wasn't in the mood to chat.

"I know Minho, and I know you're tired; I just wanted to check in," Chan sat down on the edge of Jisung's bed, not noticing the look that Minho gave him, "Are you okay? I know you two haven't been getting along very well, and I just want to ensure you know that protecting these two matters, even if you don't think so." Minho was confused by Chan's words. He didn't understand what Chan was warning Minho about and why he was so worried that something would happen to Jisung again.

"Umm. I'm fine, Chan, don't worry. The boy is fine, and I'll be fine. The sooner I can figure out how to get rid of him without killing him and myself, the better. This whole thing will be over once we are free of each other." With that, Minho exited Jisung's room, with Chan's disappointed gaze guiding him out. Chan sighed as he looked over at Jisung.

"I'm sorry, Jisung. I'm trying my best." Jisung sat up and gave Chan a thankful smile, though his eyes displayed a more melancholy reaction.

"It's okay, Chan. I appreciate you trying." Chan gave Jisung's hand a squeeze before going to make the omega breakfast. Chan and Jisung have become much closer over the last few months, as Chan is the only person who understands why Minho is the way he is. Although Chan hasn't told Jisung anything, he agrees to try and help Jisung get Minho to tolerate him, even if he doesn't like him.

Jisung groaned as he got out of bed, his body stiff from lack of movement. He was starting to improve slightly. He wandered over to his window and sat in Minho's chair. He could still smell the alpha's scent, though it didn't comfort him. Jisung peered out the window, seeing Minho. He watched as the alpha made his way toward the woods...

"Minho?"

"What puff?" Lee Know hesitated. He didn't want to upset Minho, but he honestly didn't know where to go. Nothing that he said could convince Minho to accept his mate. Jisung also wasn't improving in health as fast as he should be, which worried Lee Know. Lee Know was on the verge of giving up, even if it cost him his life.

"Can we talk about Jisung?" Minho stiffened at the mention of the omega.

"What more could you say about him, Puff? Haven't you told me everything about the boy in an attempt to get me to love him? What is talking going to do?"

"I don't know, Minho, I don't know anymore. Just never mind."

"Puff?" Minho attempted to talk to his wolf, but Lee Know had shut himself off, something he hadn't done before. Although Minho didn't think much of it then, he couldn't deny the strange feeling of emptiness without his wolf talking to him.

While walking back towards the packhouse, Minho noticed his phone ringing. Digging it out of his pocket, he saw it was San, his friend from college.

"Hey San, what's up?"

"Minho, bro. You need to come to this party tonight that Sandra is throwing. I know you two have some history." Minho could hear San's smirk through the phone.

"Ah, I don't know, San. I'm not feeling up for a party." San dismissed Minho and continued to go on and on about the party until Minho couldn't stand to listen to San's voice anymore.