Stealing The Show

~Nessie~

"Let's talk about Starbound competition," Abby said, "can we have a round of applause? Woohoo!" We all clapped

"Let's talk about Starbound competition," Abby said, "can we have a round of applause? Woohoo!" We all clapped. "Okay so Brooke, you blew them away, the people sitting around me were in awe when you did your handstand twist," Abby said, "but why all the drama with the hip?"

We all were silent. Is that drama if she had a booboo on her hip? "If you are seriously injured you don't need to go to your mother and get everybody's worked up, you come to me, and that needs to be clear," Abby said. "I wanna talk about this week's competition," Abby said as she flipped over to pyramid.

Brooke
Inessa Alyona Maddie
Chloe Mackenzie Nia Paige Vivi

"Brooke, you are here because of your performance," Abby said, "you worked through an injury, you did what you had to do, you were a team player."

(Valeria Interview: "I am kind of disappointed that none of my girls are on top, but I also understand why. Brooke was amazing and she deserves the top spot on the pyramid!")

Abby moved on telling her she'd be getting a solo. "Nessie, Yoni, Maddie you guys are also getting solos," Abby said. I smiled. "The bottom row, what am I supposed to do with you five?" Abby asked, "you need to step it up, you need to get your butts back into class and start working on you technique, and you know what since we're in Pittsburgh this weekend I'm gonna give every single one of you a solo."

(Chloe, Paige, and Alyona Interview: "It's solo week!" Chloe said. "Solo week!" Paige sang. "We love solo week," Yoni said. "Solo week!" Chloe and Paige shouted.)

•••

I walked in for my solo and saw my white chair and then I squealed. I'm doing my Show Off solo! "Go on, show me what you remember," Abby said. I nodded and did the solo how I remembered it last time. "Good, but that was five year old Nessie, you're six now so it's time for six year old dancing," Abby explained.

(Valeria and Inessa Interview: "Show Off is Nessie's signature solo, she's been doing it since she was four so it's a very special piece," Val said. "Abby always changes some of the show off solo every year so it becomes a harder dance, I like that," Nessie said.)

"We're going to add your Ariel and some of your newer tricks to the routine, we're replacing the leap at the 'whoo' with a cooler trick, and you'll be working with the chair more," Abby explained. "Okay," I said. "Good, now let's run it," she said. I stood up and got on the chair for my starting position.

"I need that smaller if it's too big it makes everything else to small," Abby instructed. I made it smaller. "Wavy hands, wavy like an ocean okay," Abby said. "Okay," I said said. "I need facials, you're a show girl, I need big expression!" Abby yelled. "That split needs to be smooth and effortless, like it comes naturally to you!" Abby barked, "again!"