Dying to Dance

~Inessa~

As soon as we got into the studio with Мама, Abby gave us huge hugs

As soon as we got into the studio with Мама, Abby gave us huge hugs. "Yoni, Nessie you were so good!" She exclaimed. "Thank you," I blushed. "Thanks," Yoni smiled. "Now let's work on your solo before the girls get here, Yoni you'll be doing a new solo, but you also have another extra dance so it'll be a good week," Abby said.

"That arabesque needs to look like an arabesque!" Abby yelled. I kept dancing and kept it in mind for the next one. I kept dancing like that with Abby barking out corrections. It's not my fault I just learned the dance 5 minutes ago! Why was she shouting at me? "Did you just drop that fan?" Abby asked. I nodded. "Pick it up, let's go again," she sighed.

"Was that foot flexed?" Abby asked stopping the music. I shook my head. "Does this look like hip hop to you?" She asked. I shook my head. "Your feet need to be pointed and pretty every time you dance," Abby shouts, "do I make myself clear?" I nodded my head. "Inessa!" Abby shouted, "do I make myself clear?" I sighed, "Yes Miss Abby," I said. "Again!" She barked.

We did the dance over and over before Abby finally let me go. I ran to the den and put my regular dance clothes on. It's regionals week so I hope I'm in the group dance because I know it'll be amazing.

•••
Inessa
Alyona Maddie Chloe
Paige Brooke Nia Vivi Kenzie

"I wanna talk about this upcoming weekend, it's regionals," Abby said, "everybody knows how important that is." I smiled. I love regionals! "We are going to Starpower, you know that's one of the toughest competitions out there," she said.

"This is what's going to happen for this competition Maddie new solo, Chloe new solo, Brooke new solo, Yoni new solo, Nessa new solo," Abby announced. "The age categories are a little different so we want to make sure your dances reflect you as a dancer now, not the beginning of the season," Abby said.

(Valeria Interview: "The age categories are always a little different, this time Chloe and Yoni are in the 9 to 11 category while Nessa and Maddie are in 8 and under." She sighed, "I really need Nessa to keep her winning streak so she needs to beat Maddie this week.")

"We are doing a new group routine this weekend and everybody's in it, the entire cast," Abby announced. I squealed, "Even me?" I asked. "Even you," Abby said, "it is called where have all the children gone." I looked at Kenzie in shock. What's that even mean?

"This is a routine about children who have become missing, you've all seen the children on the milk cartons, it's contemporary, it's mature, and it is very dark, you have to be great actresses to pull it off," Abby explained, "and they're all in white like they're angels." I was still confused about the dance, but it's not the fist weird dance I've done. Abby likes doing weird dances.