𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗲𝘀 || Illumi x reader

~•~•~Requested by illumisdarling ~•~•~

Y/N pulls their phone out of their pocket, perking up at the sound of a notification. Scanning the encoded email, Y/N smiles to themself as they effortlessly read through the code.

Agent Nyx,
You've received a commission to assassinate one of the V6... details are to follow. There's quite a hefty price tag on this job, I'm sure that's motivation enough for you to accept.

The V6 will be stationed in York New City in a weeks time for a world conference.

Best of luck,
Zero

~•~•~

Silva Zoldyck finds his son holed up in his room, absentmindedly sharpening his weapons. "Illumi. I'm sending you out on another job, be in York New City in a week and I'll contact you with more information later."

Illumi sighs and pushes his hair out of his face, gracefully standing from his seat. "I'll be going then."

~•~•~ One week later ~•~•~

Y/N has disguised themself as a government official, easily meandering into the building the conference was being held in.

'Isn't this the place where that Phantom Troupe accident occurred? The entirety of the York New underground market was wiped out that night...'

Y/N blends into the scene, inconspicuously walking past the stationed security. Too distracted by security, Y/N accidentally walks directly into someone's chest.

Not bothering to look the person in the eye, Y/N bows, acting the part of a low-level government official. "My sincerest apologies, I wasn't looking where I was going!"

The person puts a thumb under Y/N's chin, tilting their head up. "The fault is all mine. I've got to say, your face is awfully familiar, have we met before?"

Y/N looks the person in the eyes, freezing in their place as they recognize those uncanny eyes.

'What the hell is he doing here? Zero didn't tell me I'd have competition present!'

Y/N panics, stumbling over their words as they try to form a coherent sentence. "I-I get that a lot. I suppose I have a generic face is all."

Illumi softly shakes his head, still trying to place where he's seen this person.

'At least I can rest assured my disguise works...'

"Ah, I remember now." Illumi clutches Y/N's chin, letting his bloodlust direct itself straight to Y/N. "It's been a while, Nyx."

'Shit, shit, shit! If Illumi's here, there's no way I'll be able to cash in the commission!'

Y/N sighs, yanking Illumi's arm off of them. "I assume, yet again, our goals align." Y/N whispers, looking around to make sure no one overheard them.

Illumi chuckles, retracting his bloodlust. 'To withstand my bloodlust so easily, they've improved...'

"It seems so. May the best one be victorious." Illumi cooly mocks, walking away and disappearing into the crowd.