𝗔𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 || Leorio x reader

'I have a week left until the entrance exam and I still can't grasp bacterial physiology... I'm screwed!' Leorio thinks as he walks into his local coffee shop, a contorted look of stress plaguing him.

He surveys the quaint room before standing in line to place his order. His eyes are immediately drawn to a person who must be around the same age as him, his eyes falling on their laptop sticker.

'They've got the laptop sticker of the university I'm applying to!'

Leorio smiles to himself, realizing that they're also studying for the upcoming exam. Despite their disorganized table, Leorio discerns that they are a meticulous worker, their methodical way of taking notes distracting Leorio from the barista standing in front of him.

"Excuse me! Sir! What would you like?" The barista shouts, trying, to no avail, to grab Leorio's attention. Only when another patron shakes his shoulder does he snap back to reality, spinning around to face the barista.

"Gosh I'm sorry! Could I get a large cold brew with two pumps of vanilla syrup? Thank you."

A bit peeved, the barista nods before leaving to make Leorio's order. Leorio's eyes trail back to the student, his face subconsciously growing a smitten smile.

Once payed for, Leorio decides to gather whatever courage he has to introduce himself to the student. Walking over to their table, Leorio feels a knot of anxiety growing in his stomach.

He stops in his tracks as he watches the student shut their laptop, looking over to the approaching man before them.

"Can I help you?" Y/N muses, gathering their notes together as they speak.

"Oh! Uh... I just wanted to say good luck on the entrance exam. I'm also applying to the med. school, best of luck!"

Y/N perks up, eager to rant to someone about their studying. "You're also applying!? Please, come sit with me! I've been dying to talk to someone about this absolutely ludicrous exam schedule!"

Leorio, relieved to see he didn't tick Y/N off, gratefully takes a seat at their table. Leorio laughs as he sits, knowing well what the next week had in store for him.

"Ah I'm sorry, I should introduce myself... I'm
Y/N!" Y/N proclaims, sticking their hand out to shake. Leorio grasps Y/N's hand, the two firmly shaking.

"I'm Mr. Leorio. You can just call me Leorio though. I can see you're studying hard for this exam, I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors."

Y/N blushes, awkwardly laughing the compliment off. "You flatter me, although no matter how much I study I can't help but worry."

Leorio sympathetically nods, closely familiar with the stress consuming Y/N. "I fear that it's common amongst us."

Y/N half-heartedly chuckles. "So, stress and all involved, what inspired you to travel down this brutal path?"

"Well... when I was young I lost a close friend to a completely curable illness. The world runs on money though... no one would care for him without payment. I watched him die... from an ailment so easily treated."

Leorio looks up to see tears streaming down
Y/N's face. "Y/N... I'm sorry I really didn't mean to make you cry—"

Y/N shakes their head and wipes their tears, putting on a brave face in front of Leorio. "I've always been sensitive, please don't feel guilty. I've been like this forever. Anyways! What do you plan to do as a doctor then?"

"I'll help anyone who is sick. Regardless of money, status, or anything else. I hope to open a clinic for all sorts of people so no one has to suffer the same fate as my friend."