𝗘𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 || Cheetu x reader

"Cheetu, you're going to be getting a replacement officer once the new batch of eggs hatch, is that right?" Peggy asks, jotting down a list of the missing ants.

"Yep yep! Bihorn borrowed my squadron for his mission and they were all wiped clean out. I work better by myself so I don't really care, but someone to do the grunt work would be great!" Cheetu chirps, stretching his legs while halfheartedly listening to Peggy's monotonous rambling.

"Alright thank you Cheetu, that's all the information I need." Peggy stands, concluding his work for the day. Not even bidding a goodbye, Cheetu runs off and out of the nest, yearning to stretch his legs.

'There is nothing in the animal kingdom that beats me in speed... I'm the King of Speed!'

Hyped up, Cheetu runs laps around the NGL before deciding to fulfill his quota for the day.

'The Queen's appetite is growing by the day... it's a miracle the squadrons are able to keep up... no one's able to beat my efficiency!'

Once he had successfully brought his quota back to the Queen, Cheetu climbs up to one of the high spires of the nest, dangling his feet off the ledge as he admires the setting sun.

'The King of Speed... I like the sound of that...'

Just as he was reminiscing over his awesome speed, Cheetu catches something flit past him from his peripheral vision.

Up.

Down.

Sideways.

Backwards?!

Standing up, Cheetu watches the blur move around the sky at an astonishing speed. In all directions this mystery entity flew, eventually landing on a nearby spire.

Taken aback, Cheetu stands with mouth agape at the scene before him.

Their sharp wings, their colorfully vibrant body, and how could he forget... their speed.

Cheetu didn't know how to react. His fleeting fantasy... crushed in an instant. He could feel it. The unmistakable feeling of jealousy brewing inside him.

The anger.

The envy.

It consumed him, and he wanted nothing more than to squash that arrogant ant under his thumb... a suiting end for the smallest bird in the animal kingdom.

The hummingbird.

Before he could act on his urges, Cheetu flinches as the static voice of Peggy can be heard ringing  inside his head.

'Cheetu. Cheetu! Come in. Your new officer has been born. Please report to the main room at once!'

Rolling his eyes, Cheetu decides to leave the hummingbird for later. Hopping down from the ledge, Cheetu swings himself into the nest and casually walks over to Peggy's location... he didn't want to seem too eager to meet his new officer.

What he saw when he arrived made him indescribably angry.

There they were, standing casually next to Peggy, like nothing had just happened.

"Meet Y/N. You'll be in charge of an experimental squad Cheetu. It'll just be you and Y/N." Peggy introduces.

"No. No, no, no!" Cheetu exclaims, shaking his head fervently as he crosses his arms.

Tilting their head in confusion, Y/N flies over to Cheetu in a blink of an eye. Hovering in midair, Y/N leans to peer into Cheetu's face.

"A cheetah huh? We'd make quite the team then~" Y/N chuckles, flying a quick loop around the expansive room.