𝗥𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 || Kurapika x reader

~ Requested by DrillMonsterKasane ~

"If you're able to maintain your ren for three consecutive hours you can take a break. Until then, I have business to attend to." Izunavi says as he packs his belongings in a duffel bag.

"Alright. If you're going into town, please pick some more mushrooms up for dinner." Y/N responds as they assume a meditative stance.

Focusing their attention on their ren, Y/N doesn't notice their master leave, nor when he returns two and half hours later with a tagalong.

"They're in the middle of training right now, try not to disturb them. Eventually this'll also be part of your training, just look how physically exhausting it is." Izunavi whispers to the young man beside him.

Once Y/N had hit their three hour mark, they collapse on the floor in exhaustion. Rolling over, they look up to the canopy as they catch their breath. "Y/N! I got you those mushrooms you requested, I'm sure you've got the energy to cook the three of us dinner~" Izunavi teases from the woods.

Sitting up with a look of contortion on their face, Y/N spins around to see a blonde boy about their age sitting on a nearby log. Dazed and exhausted, Y/N just gives the man a strange look before collapsing once again.

"I won't be able to mince those mushrooms properly if you don't give me a second!" Y/N retorts sarcastically. "Fine, fine. Kurapika come with me, you'll do the water divination test while Y/N here catches their breath."

"Nice to meet you Kurapika, sorry for not introducing myself." Y/N blurts from the ground, turning their head to look up at Kurapika. "It's fine. Your mentor told me that whatever you were doing was physically exhausting so it's to be expected."

"Dinner'll be ready soon. Good luck with your test!" Y/N calls to Kurapika's receding back.

Once Izunavi and Kurapika had left for a nearby clearing, Y/N sits up and digs through Izunavi's duffel bag, finding the mushrooms they requested. By the time they had started a fire and had the stew brewing, Kurapika and Izunavi had returned.

"So? What type of nen user are you?" Y/N inquires, giving Kurapika a sideways glance as he sits down on a nearby log. "A conjurer... I wanted to be an enhancer though." Kurapika sighs dejectedly.

"You can't change what your born with, but you can still learn enhancer techniques so all's not lost." Y/N chirps, trying their hardest to cheer the gloomy boy up. Izunavi laughs from behind Y/N, making them spin around.

"You're really spending too much time with me... I just told him the same thing, almost word for word." To this revelation, Y/N also starts to laugh, turning back to Kurapika. "I'm sorry, you'll soon learn spending time in the woods with Izunavi will take its toll."

"Hey! Since when could you address me so casually?!" Izunavi snaps. "Since I started cooking your meals!" Y/N retorts.

Seeing the two banter makes Kurapika relax, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. Y/N hands Kurapika and Izunavi each a bowl, pouring them stew as they hold their bowls out.

Taking a seat around the fire, Y/N digs into their own bowl. Although the three eat in a comfortable silence, it's soon broken by Kurapika. "Y/N... why do you want to learn nen?"

Kurapika's question turns the atmosphere thick, Y/N slowly putting their spoon down and looking up to Izunavi. Giving a curt nod back to Y/N, they begin their anecdote.