𝗦𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗯𝗶𝗿𝗱 || Shaiapouf x F!reader (P. 1)

'Once a day... I hear that song... the melody of an altruistic goddess rings through my ears, coursing through my body. I long to listen to only that tune...'

Perched outside the nest, the voice of Y/N carries itself to the three unborn guards. Her crimson wings shimmering in the light of the sunrise, Y/N sings a tune as she does every morning.

Meandering outside, the squadron leaders look up to the angelic songbird as she sings to her hearts content, her pleasant aura entrancing them further.

"The princess is as captivating as always..." Rammot sighs, gazing up to the figure above him. "Don't get ahead of yourself Rammot, she was born for the king and him only." Peggy warns from his side.

Agitated that Peggy pulled him out of his fantasy, Rammot storms off to listen to Y/N's song in peace.

Unbeknownst to the nest's residents, one of the royal guards had hatched. Their ears twitching as they walk, they follow the sound of Y/N's singing, finding her to be perched on one of the nest's spires.

Their tail rhythmically swinging to the rhythm, they observe the woman from afar. Her hair and dress flowing with a slight breeze and her feathered wings slightly ruffled, the royal guard stands stunned at the ethereal beauty of the woman before them.

Sensing the foreign presence, Y/N stops her song and turns to the guard's direction. Spreading her wings, Y/N glides down to where the guard was standing.

Knowing well that the woman before them was their superior, the guard bows. "It is an honor to serve."

Flashing a bright smile, Y/N responds. "Please be at ease. What is your name?"

"Neferpitou my lady."

"I shall call you Pitou then." Y/N muses, walking a circle around Pitou. "You have an awfully strong aura, you will make a fine guard."

Pitou bows in thanks while Y/N hums to herself. "You must be hungry, why don't you accompany me on a hunt? It'd be nice to have someone more capable by my side~"

Their aura expanding into a malicious atmosphere, Pitou smiles. "I know just the place my lady."

"Well then, hold on to me."

Grasping onto Y/N's legs, the two fly off in the direction Pitou had sensed aura. After their first exhilarating fight, Pitou sits happily with a head on their lap.

"My lady, would you care for some?" Pitou asks, holding the head up for Y/N.

"Thank you for the gesture Pitou, but human flesh does not interest me. I much prefer seeds and fruit, I suppose I have these muddled genes to thank for that." Y/N sighs as she runs a hand over her wings.

"That's quite curious... not that I mind though." Pitou retorts with a smile. "I shall have my own fun with this human, he seems... different."

"We call them rares. I suggest you find the squadron leader named Peggy, he can provide you with more insight. You'll find him holed up in the library." Y/N nonchalantly suggests while she stretches her wings.

"You can leave me here, I'd like to sit a while longer." Pitou drones. Perking up at the opportunity to forage for her own food, Y/N gives a curt wave goodbye and flies off.

Using a large leaf to carry her food back to the nest, Y/N flies to a high perch and eats as she watches the scenery before her. She contently hums as she eats, her aura expanding as she sings.

Squadron leaders who were busily flying in and out of the nest stop and fawn over Y/N's voice, a rare treat to hear her singing in the middle of the day.