Chapter 17

"Mama, look! Is it nice?" Jungwon asks, as he turns to you sporting an Ironman helmet.

This is the third one he's tried and you just know he has his tiny smile on behind it. His voice is muffled but you make out the words.

"Yes, bug. But it looks big, maybe look for another one?" You respond.

"He'll grow into it, it's the only kids' size they have," Jungkook counters, as he helps Jungwon remove the thing on his head and the little one scurries to the next shelf. "It's the one with the most features and sound effects."

"What does he need more features for? The lights are fine," you argue.

"For combat, ___. We need features for combat," Jungkook deadpans.

You roll your eyes because he's taking this whole shopping thing too seriously.

After the other week's momentous occasion, which called for a celebratory lunch with all your friends - including Yoongi and Hoseok who finally got to meet the little one, albeit briefly since they're new faces - it has been a smooth transition for Jungkook and Jungwon, who all of a sudden have a handshake and secret language of their own. It's adorable though, the way they whisper and laugh like they're in their own little world.

You're currently in a store that houses the best collection of Ironman merchandise - according to Jungkook, who's apparently done his research - and Jungwon came in looking like he'd entered some wardrobe to Narnia but his face had been the cutest it's ever been and you take it.

You've never been here before because of the intimidating size of the place and you always wanted to limit the toys you'd get for Jungwon; he has enough people spoiling him with those, except maybe your brother who's taken to giving the little one books and plants instead, because, well, it's Namjoon. You're thankful for those, though.

"Do you think the material of this beach towel is as water absorbent as it says it is? Or should I just get this other one instead? But the print isn't as nice," Jungkook asks, and you scowl at him because "really, an Ironman beach towel?"

"That's not necessary, Jungkook, and you said you wouldn't spoil him."

"I said I wouldn't spoil him right away, and it's been two weeks so I think it's okay. Plus, look at him. He looks so excited and in awe with everything that's in here."

"Which is why I never brought him here but someone was being a baby about it," you glare at him, recalling how earlier in the day, Jungkook was pouting at you and repeating 'please' like a mantra for you to agree with coming here so he could buy Jungwon more Ironman toys.

"I couldn't resist that face," he shares.

"Exactly. That's why I don't give him an opening," you say. "But really though, watch him explore and inspect but he'll only get 3 items max."

"But he said he liked the car, and the remote-controlled figure, and the one with the combat pack, and the motion-activated repulsors, and the arc reactor..."

You stand with your arms crossed, a knowing look on your face. "Did he say that or you asked?"

"Well, he agreed..."

And it's taking so much of you not to pinch the cheeks of this grown man who's been caught in a little lie. Jungkook looks so adorable, the look on his face is exactly how you remember it to be whenever he'd been in a toy store or a baseball store.

"Of course he would. Because you probably looked so excited," you laugh. "I told you how he is, he doesn't like turning people down. Plus, he probably wanted to impress you, too, by liking everything you like."