Chapter 28

An older couple ends up making the winning bid for Jungkook. He meets them after and finds out that the man, who's in his late 60s, was a big fan of Jungkook's father. The woman thinks he's handsome but says their grandson will take her place for lunch, as the 12-year old kid is quite the fan of the younger Jeon.

He feels satisfied and happy that he agreed to this, something he tells your team and something that they cheer at. They try to convince you both to stay but they know they won't win; you have a little one to pick up from Jin's apartment and even if you know Jungwon will be asleep, you're just excited to have him in your arms.

You bid your workmates goodbye and head out, tired eyes fighting against sleep because you like this comfortable silence with Jungkook. It had been an exhausting and fulfilling day but even just this moment with him is enough to make you feel relaxed. You will yourself to have the energy though, as you want nothing more than to hold him to end the night.

"That was quite the date, huh?" He says as he takes your hand in his.

"It was. Had to share you with a bunch of people but it was fun," you reply, turning to him.

"You asked for this!"

"I know," you laugh. "It was nice having you there, though, it made me feel calm. And good, that you get to see what I do."

He smiles at this. "You're good at what you do, babe. It's quite the turn on."

You smack his arm. "Can't even compliment me without flirting?" You tease.

"Fine, fine. You were great, ___. Everybody listens to you and trusts you. That was wonderful to see," he corrects, earning him a satisfied smile from you and a kiss on his hand.

You pick up Jungwon, who'd fallen asleep on Jin's couch, his uncle Namjoon having read him a story - the third one, they'd said, because the little one had been looking for his parents all night. You cradle him in your arms and he's a little cranky because he's also tired, and you opt to stay in the backseat with him as you massage his back all the way home.

You enter the apartment and Jungkook peppers Jungwon with kisses who, despite that, does not budge, and you're glad he's not as cranky as he was earlier. You know, based on your brother's stories of all the activities he'd done with the guys, that he's gonna wake up a little needy, as he tends to be when he'd had a previous long day.

Jungkook kisses your forehead right after, almost a resigned smile on his face, knowing how tired you are as well, and he heads to his room to fix up.

Jungwon barely moves even as you maneuver him around, making sure that he's protected enough by the pillows you surround him with. You kiss him goodnight and head out the room towards Jungkook, an envelope in hand.

You push the half-open door and watch him on the other side of the room from where you stand. He's in front of his row of closets, the door with the full-body mirror open as he tries to unclasp his necklace.

"Hey, I'll just leave the token that my boss insisted on giving, alright?" You call out, walking to his bedside table to leave the envelope on top.

"Sure," he says, eyes still trained on the necklace. "I forgot it was Jimin who put this on for me. I didn't realize it's that hard to remove," he says frustratedly.

"Let me," you say, and walk towards him, face-to-face now as you move the clasp to his front so you can undo it. It is quite tricky, as it leaves little space for the finger to hold on to the lever.

Your eyes are trained on the necklace, and you try not to be distracted by the amount of skin that's exposed due to half of Jungkook's buttons now undone. Even with your supposed concentration, you don't miss his chiseled and smooth-looking chest, honeyed and sculpted in all the right ways.