Chapter 25

You watch Jungwon check his bag one last time to make sure that his pencils and coloring materials are all inside, then he turns to you and Jungkook with his sweet smile. "I'm ready for school!"

He puts on his backpack and takes your and Jungkook's hands as you head to the car, a special day indeed, as it's Jungwon's first day at his new kindergarten, the last one before he heads to primary school next year.

Jungkook is glad that he was able to negotiate a later start of his workout with his coach just for today, and he's ecstatic that he gets to send the little one off, like it's a badge of honor he'll always carry, seeing as how he's missed many 'firsts' in Jungwon's life.

The school is a little bigger than what Jungwon's used to, and you and Jungkook have spent the last few days going through the transition with him, knowing that just like you, change scares him a little, and being in a new place will take some getting used to. But he's excited, and you hope he sustains this for the rest of the morning.

Jungkook parks the car and takes the little one out who insists that he doesn't need to be carried anymore. You all walk past the main gate hand-in-hand, and you turn to Jungwon whose smile is getting smaller by the second. You motion for Jungkook to take this one, as you've had your share of this before, so he kneels down as he takes Jungwon to the side, and gives him a smile.

"Feeling scared, buddy?"

"Just a little," he says in his tiny voice.

"Well, that's normal. We can go tomorrow if you like," Jungkook offers but Jungwon shakes his head no.

"Okay, then. Why don't we take deep breaths like Mama taught you," he continues, guiding the little one with the breathing exercises you told him he could do when he gets scared. "When you get scared again, just do that. Or hold on to Mr. Cookie who's in your bag, or you can ask your teacher to call Mama and Papa and we can pick you up."

You give him a look but he doesn't take back the last bit.

"I'll be okay," Jungwon says, earning him a high-five from his father.

"That's my brave buddy," Jungkook says, then takes the little one's hand again and you all walk towards the entrance, giving him a hug each, which he returns with kisses on your cheeks.

"Bye, I love you!" Jungwon calls out as he slowly walks past the swinging door, into the hallways where a teacher greets him and leads him to a classroom.

"There, there," you playfully tell Jungkook, rubbing his back to soothe him.

"Shut up, it's normal," he pouts, as he wipes the bit of tears that have formed.

"Totally, I mean, you're the only parent here who's crying," you respond, and he pulls away from you like a hurt child, but you run after him and grab his hand.

"I'm kidding, it's totally fine. And warranted because it's your first. I'm sorry," you smile, and it takes Jungkook all of him not to squish your cheeks and wipe the smirk off your face but he enjoys it just the same.

"It's not even primary school yet and I'm already emotional," he laughs this time, as he enters the car the same time as you.

"It's fine, okay? And he'll manage, he's got us," you wink, and Jungkook's heart plummets at something so simple, and he can't help the smile that graces his face.

Not even when he proceeds to drive and you look out the window, or when you pick up your work phone and instruct the person on how to handle one of your clients, or when you tell him that you'll prepare pork belly and kimchi rice for him since he'll be having a long day at training.