The Strangers

The pair had been walking for hours in silence. The only sounds came from Doc's heavy steps. Etho's steps were silent, instinctively flinching when one of Doc's steps was particularly loud. He could tell it was annoying the mechanic, every time he let out a strained breath, but there wasn't much either could do about it.

"Oi! Stop right there!"

Etho and Doc walked faster. Perhaps the voice wasn't talking to them.

"Hey! Black-cloak dude and red-cloak dude! Stop!"

Okay, he was definitely talking to them.

The pair stopped and turned towards the voice where a man walked out of the trees.

"What are two castle-loving freaks doing out here?"

"We're not 'castle-loving freaks' as we're literally running away from the castle." Etho explained. Doc remained silent, but when Etho looked up at the redstoner, he was smirking.

"Well, I'm gonna need you two to come with me. Boss' orders and all."

"Who's your boss?"

"Let him tell you himself. Move it. Now."

Doc chuckled. "Let's go." And he turned away from the man.

"Hey! You can't do that."

"Why not?" Doc asked innocently.

"Because I don't know what to do about it!"

"Well, that sounds like a you problem. Come on Etho."

Etho smiled. "Nice to meet you." And turned to walk beside Doc. He heard the man huff behind him. It wasn't long before he started running at the pair.

"I've got this." Doc whispered to Etho, and the assassin stepped aside. He watched as Doc whipped around, caught the man and tossed him gently to the side. The man charged again, with Doc easily stepping to the side. The third time, Doc grabbed his arms and shoved him into a tree, not letting him move.

"What's your name?" Doc asked calmly.

"Uh... Bdubs."

"Well, Bdubs, you wanna answer my questions now?"

Bdubs nodded quickly.

"Who's your boss?"

"His name's Tango."

Etho paused. Where had he heard that name before?

"What are you doing out here all alone?"

"I convinced Tango that I would be able to handle rounds. Umm. Apparently, I was wrong."

Doc chuckled. "Sure was." He leaned close to Bdubs ear and whispered something Etho couldn't hear.

A deep red blush blossomed over his face. "Hey!- I- No!- I can't-"

Doc was full on laughing now. He let go of Bdubs and the man stumbled forwards.

"So where's this boss of yours? I want to meet him."

"Really?" Bdubs' head shot up to look Doc in the eyes. It was a bad idea however, because his blush flared up again. "Umm... I mean... this way." He stuttered before walking off in the direction he came.

"What did you say to him?" Etho asked quietly. Doc only smirked. The pair followed Bdubs into the woods.

452 Words