The Beginning

Some Time Later, One Last Time

"Are you ready for this?"

Grian looked Xelqua with a kind smile. He had guided him through the most difficult time of his life and still only cared for the prince.

"Of course, Xel. I'm gonna have you right beside me."

The Watcher smiled. "Of course."

"Let's do this."

"Wait." Xelqua grabbed Grian's tie and adjusted it slightly. "Now, go get 'em."

Grian took in a deep breath and slowly let it out. He stepped out from behind the balcony curtains. A giant mass of people stood below him, more than Grian had ever seen before in his life. But he knew they would be here. And he was prepared.

The mass went silent. Grian took hold of the small lattice patterned device Mumbo had given him. The mechanic had spent days locked up in his room making it. According to the restoner, it would amplify his voice across the courtyard.

"Hello." He spoke into it, causing a screech to echo across the air. He backed up just a little bit and tried again. "Hello?" This attempt was much more successful.

"Thank you for coming everybody. Firstly, as most of you know, I am Prince Grian, and the heir to the throne. Today I will be officially taking back my rightful status. But today is not about that. Today is about you.

After my mother was killed and I was kidnapped, I met many people across my kingdom who felt unwelcome in this city. This is not the kingdom I want to rule. And so, I officially invite everyone back to our capital with a full paron. Obviously there will be some exceptions, and I know this won't magically fix everything, but it's a start. It may sound cliche, but I hope we can all come together and make a better tomorrow."

-

Etho crashed through the heavy wooden door without knocking. Normally, this would not be important, but this was a very specific door that was not supposed to be open without warning. This was for the good of the crashee, so that they may not see the scene on the other side. But right now, Etho didn't care.

"Bdubs! You gotta come see this. Oh, hi Doc."

The pair were sitting on Bdubs' bed, with Bdubs sitting on Doc's legs.

"Hey Etho. What's up?" Doc asked casually while Bdubs buried his head in Doc's chest.

"You gotta see this! Grian's making an announcement."

With this, Bdubs turned his head. His beet red face made it obvious he was embarrassed to be caught like this, but news from the capital city was too good to pass up. He slid off Doc's legs and landed gracefully on the floor.

"Let's go, let's go, let's go."

Doc smiled at his boyfriend. "I'm coming, I'm coming."

The trio ran out to the commons area where nearly everyone who lived in the new compound gathered. Even Tango had joined the group.

"-zzt-any people across my kingdom who felt unwelcome in this city. This is not the kingdom I want to rule.Obviously there will be some exceptions, and I know this won't magically fix ever- bzzt-"

"Hey! Turn that back up!" Someone called, but it was too late. Everyone had already heard what they needed to hear. Doc's machine had worked exactly how it was supposed to. Not that anyone beside Doc could understand even the simplest part of the machine.

And so they celebrated. They danced with no music and laughed when no joke had been told. Everyone was giddy with excitement. They were going home.

-