Rachel Enlists the Help of Piper, And A Few Others

Rachel certainly had a plan. But it wasn't small, see? She had to get moving, and fast. Racing to her cave, Rachel pulled a cover-up over her suit, sea green. Like Percy's dreamy eyes. She sighed softly, imagining him as he looked deep in her eyes asking about marriage.

"WAIT WHAT?!" Rachel accidentally blurted out loud. She was in no way getting married at seventeen, that was the stuff of Camelot! She ran out of her cove, flip-flops clacking on the pavement as she headed to Aphrodite's cabin.

Piper Mclean should be there. Piper was pretty, with choppy brown hair and hazel-ish eyes. She was also gifted with charmspeak! Charmspeak was super useful, it was like persuasion magic.

Rachel peeked her head in through the door, aware of all the stares from glamorous girls and smexy boys. "Piper here?" Her voice came out as a squeak, much higher pitched than expected.

One girl with charcoal black hair and violet eyes jabbed a thumb to a bunk, "She's sleeping, whatcha want?"

Rachel shook her head, "It can wait."

A blondie with hot pink streaks narrowed her eyes, "It's about loooo-oove!" The girl advanced forward, stilettos making Rachel feel even shorter than she was.

"I'm Tammy, this is Danny," She gestured to charcoal hair, "And that's Jayce, and Drake, and Macy, and Lacy..." Tammy rambled off about twenty more names.

"So spill, who's the guy?" Tammy asked.

"Um..It's, well... This one guy," Rachel managed, "He's dating someone else though. So never mind?" She almost pleaded.

"Haha! As if. Who is this guy? What's his name?" Danny demanded.

"I like Percy ok?!" Rachel rushed out, then shrank into herself.

A chorus of coos sounded.

"Doll we totes are gonna make you adorbs, plus help ya win your man!" Marcy said. She talked like she was texting.

"Uh, I have a plan already though," Rachel started, "But I don't want it to be too obvious I like him, so I invited him monster hunting, I just need Annabeth out of the way for now." She gained confidence as she spoke. "I was going to ask Piper to charmspeak her, into saying she was sick or something. Come with me I have an entire presentation in my place."

The Aphrodite kids picked their way across the camp, following Rachel, making sure to keep their designer shoes out of harms way. Amazing how these kids wore cocktail dresses and tuxedos around like they were camp tees! If Rachel had to wear a dress for a fancy occasion, a couple hours at most, fine. But an entire day? Count her out!

Finally back at what Rachel dubbed, "The Cove of Cool," she sketched a quick figure of Percy, then an arrow to the woods, to represent leaving. Next, she drew herself with Percy. Annabeth's person had an X over it, and a line reading, 'away from me!'

She proceeded to give a long presentation of the sort one sees in a cartoon, dramatic, loud, hard to be bored of. Her presentation included confetti, paint, pencil, sharpie, crayons and so much more. About halfway through Piper showed up, rubbing her eyes, but listening to Rachel.

By the time she finished, the sun was low in the sky. "So, who's in?"

The hands went up, all except Drew's. Go figure, everyone knew she was just against anything Piper was for. Ever since Piper became cabin leader, Drew decided to be some sort of a pessimist. That didn't really matter to Rachel though, twenty five to one couldn't hardly matter. Even though Drew had charmspeak. That could be useful, but that was why she had Piper!

DRRRRRRRRR!

The dinner conch blared out into the camp. The assembled campers sauntered or sashayed out in a sassy way, until only Piper was left.

"Percy? Rachel I thought you were over him?"

Rachel bit her lip and pulled Piper down into one of the beanbag chairs she had acquired thanks to Hermes. "Pipes, swear what I tell you stays in this room?"

"Swear on the River Styx." Piper said, a hand over her heart. Rachel noticed the chewed nails, and wondered what was going on with Jason. She knew he'd taken a trip to New Rome at Camp Jupiter, but was it really so innocent? That was not for her to worry about.

"Percy kissed me!" Rachel whispered ecstatically.

"Woah... That's huge! I'm happy for you Dare." Her eyes fell for a minute. "So you want me to make Annabeth stay away from Percy? That it?"

Rachel nodded, trying hard to shove a hair clip into her unruly wild hair. She bit her lip, and smiled at Piper. "Will you help?"

Piper thought a minute, and said, "I'll do it, but only my way!"

Rachel's smile grew into a grin, "Will do."