Icy Hearts

Rachel smiled at Piper one last time, before leaving her cave. A warm breeze ran over the camp, and campers milled about. Rachel, already bored, headed down to the lake. It reminded her of Percy!
Staring into the blue-green water, Rachel thought of all the times she'd spoken to him. Most of them were unromantic, thanks to Annabeth. In her heart, Rachel knew she couldn't be mad at her, she had seen Percy first.

"But still, why should that girl get all the attention? She's not even all that pretty, I mean, sure she has curly blonde hair. Yeah she has grey eyes, but so?
Why doesn't Percy like feisty red hair and vibrant green eyes? Why does everyone like the classic blondes? Annabeth looked like a cheerleader captain, with her skimpy little jeans and t-shirts.
Maybe Percy did like people like me, but Annabeth's just in the way...." Rachel thought to herself.
She looked up at the setting sun, red against a soft sky. She let out a gentle sigh, standing up and brushing sand off her knees. Tomorrow began her plan, a plan Rachel had utmost confidence in.

As she made her way back up the hill to her cave, Rachel felt eyes on her. Whirling around, Rachel found Connor and Travis Stoll grinning crookedly from behind a bush.
"What?" Rachel said, not leaving out a strain in her tone.
"We heard the plan, we installed cameras EVERYWHERE!" Travis said, emerging from the bush, a full five foot eleven.
"Annnd," added Connor slyly, "We think we oughtta tell Annabeth!"
Rachel narrowed her eyes, "What do you want?"
Because that's how the twins worked, they used blackmail to get things, explosives, darts, firecrackers, bugs.
They chuckled, "Now we're talking, we need a show, something to get people's attention, like firework big. And we need you to tell us someone easily scared."
Rachel shrugged, "Clovis."
"Ok," their eyes brightened, "Cya."
They began strolling away, when Rachel had an idea, "Wait.... Do Annabeth, that'll be a challenge." What better way to keep Annabeth away from Percy than to have the twins at her back 24/7?

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Annabeth lay on her cabin bed scrolling through her laptop, using a virtual program for architects. She missed Daedalus' laptop, it could've ran a full scan, this program only scratched the surface. She shut the lid on it, and slid off her bed.
She wanted to go check on Percy. She needed to know what their status was! But she was also scared of approach, Percy was like ice earlier at her house, but maybe he'd calmed down. Maybe.... Maybe they were ok?
She took a deep breath and left her cabin, heading towards the pavilion. Since it was dinner time, that'd be the most logical place to find Percy. Right at the entrance was... Piper?
"Hey Annabeth." She said, then she blinked, her eyes closed for a second, but when she opened them, they were different.
"You're still mad at Percy, and you will swear on the river Styx not to see him for the next month." Her voice was convincing, and very silky.
"Yeah... You're right, I swear on the river Styx," Annabeth suddenly felt that way, that hollow feeling of wanting to avoid a person, and to stop at nothing to do just that.
Piper smiled, "Sorry Annabeth, I told a friend I'd help her."
Annabeth felt a cold stone settle in her stomach, realizing the limits of what she'd just done. She couldn't even go near him, because breaking a swear on Styx, that was deadly.