This Is The Life

Rachel looked around at the mall, in shock and awe. And all of it could be hers if she wanted! She'd never wanted to be so girly in all her life. A smile spread across her face, and she stood up off her knees. She giddily hurried over to one clothing store called Neveaux Merci! Every dress was replicated in all the colors, and each outfit only in one size, the one that fit Rachel.

She pranced over to a section with short and cute cocktail dresses. She felt the fabric, and wondered if that was what heaven felt like. Who was she kidding, this was heaven! Being dead was way too hyped up, it was super cool, with no pain. She stared at all the colors, stressing over which one would look best on her.

"Hey, what color should I go?" She asked holding up an aquamarine one.

The girl group giggled in unison, "Any of them silly! The mall doesn't carry colors that don't go for you, see, no red!"

Rachel spun around and was pleasantly surprised to see they were right. She held each one up, daunted by the sheer number of dresses hanging. There had to be hundreds of colors here! In varying shades of blue, purple, green, you name it except red!

"I need help." Rachel said, knowing she couldn't test all these dresses alone. The girls smiled at each other, and they all snapped. They were enveloped in bright white light, and when it faded, twenty clones of her stood there.

"Wow..." Rachel was speechless, wondering what the limit on this place was. She could do whatever she wanted, and that's what mattered to her. Dresses flung all over, into piles of no, ew, never, and why would I ever. There wasn't a single maybe or yes.

That is, until the real Rachel held up a black one. It made her eyes look startling, and her red hair made her look gorgeous and dangerous. Eyes lighting up, the other Rachels nodded, and turned away, giving her privacy.

Once she had the dress on, Rachel made a disgusted face at her pile of gross paint covered clothes. "What do I do with that junk?"

The other girls snapped, turning back into themselves. The spun around, and grinned deviously. "You'll see tonight. Allison, take those to our house." Blonde braids ordered. A small girl about eleven or twelve with short blonde hair and glasses scurried forward, and grabbed the bundle.

"Oh is our house magic too?" Rachel asked, "Like do we just will it to be here?"

"Omg like totally no. That's like just stores. We totally have a real house like that doesn't move." Dark brown bob said, still munching her gum.

"Oh." Rachel couldn't keep the disappointment out of her voice.

"Alright shall thee be, thou art strong! Come, padded soles await!" A girl who had to be Missy said. She was wearing a silver Rapunzel style dress, a crown nestled on top of her perfectly done French twist. More hairstyles Rachel couldn't even hope to do.

Rachel nodded, letting Missy pull her along to Stille les pumpes, another shop with million dollar displays. Rachel was amazed by all the bedazzled shoes, but knew it was hopeless. Not one was a wedge, and Rachel could one hundred percent not walk in heels. She'd always preferred sneakers or flip-flops.

Why though? They were boring and ugly and dirty and plain. She kicked them off, allowing them to fly into a wall, where little Allison immediately flew forward and clutched the ratty old sneakers to her chest along with the bundle of worn clothes. Rachel looked at blonde braids.

"I'm sorry before we do the whole shoe thing, everyone should know I can't walk in heels..." Rachel said blushing. Here were all these perfect girls, and she couldn't even walk in raised shoes. Super lame and embarrassing!

"Don't be a dum-dum! Course you can, even Allison, see?" Blonde braids gestured to Allison, who sure enough, was wearing three inch heels. Rachel got the impression braids was top dog and Allison was omega. "Maybe back then when you were a living mess, but here, you can do anything." Braids whispered enticingly.

Rachel wanted that, to be like these alphas! Even if it took her a billion years. She did have all of eternity after all, wasn't any rush really.

-time skip-----

Rachel stood admiring herself in the mirror, everything was perfect. The girls had done her hair in a French side braid, helped her with makeup, done all the stops. She was as gorgeous as, dare she say, Aphrodite. So this is what it was like to have sisters. Maybe they weren't so bad! And tonight was what they called initiation. She wondered if they had like some club she was joining. First thing first, she needed to learn names.

Finally tearing herself from the mirror, Rachel glided away on her new gorgeous pumps, off to find blonde braids. It really was unacceptable to title someone over their hair, but what better could Rachel do? She had to think of something, something clever but still respectful.

Even though it was such a small thing, worry began to gnaw at Rachel ravenously. In a matter of seconds she was consumed with it, and couldn't move for fear of being disrespectful to the alpha. She trembled, unable to blink nor breathe, out of fear.

This place was changing her.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Percy stared worriedly down at Rachel laying in the infirmary bed. She seemed uneasy in her slumber. It was more of a coma, but Percy refused to admit it to himself. Her face wasn't peaceful anymore, and she was shaking, or trembling whichever. Percy rubbed his face and continued to stare. It confused him that she'd go into a coma, it was a cut not a disease.

He didn't know much about medical problems though, and for all he knew, some meddling mad god/dess had done this.