Chapter 11

"I'm sorry everyone! We don't have anymore beds today. Come back tomorrow for a bed!" Said the officer as people complained. Another community center full again as the weather getting bad. Hungry and tired I something I've been dealing with since the country went dark. No power to keep you warm, people wanna act like leaders and take what you have, even doctors at this time can't be around people without someone protected them. Suicide rates is higher than you can imagine as children are left orphans or parents taking their children life since they can't feed them. There is a river full of fish to get, but seeing how the law wanna block people from getting food. You can either work to get a few meals or be a bed warmer for them at night. They'll tell that to the women here since they wanna make it like we have to make babies while the men work. Fucking gross.

   "I'm sorry y'all, we don't have enough food to give out again.....may God be with you all." Said the pastor of a church.

The small crowd once again move to another area as I went up to the old man.

"Can I stay here for a while to get warm? I'll leave once it get dark." I said to him.

"Of couse dear oh couse! I have some hot water you can drink as well." He said as I thanked him.

I left my other bags 30 minutes from here inside of a burn building since no one gonna look in a damaged building. All I have is my brother's bag since its big enough to hold more stuff in. Before I gotten into this small camp in town, police check everyone's bag and take what they want from you as a ticket enter the group. I had 3 candy bars and a can of mix vegetables and surprise they took them. But they didn't take me small packs of tea and coffee packets since they have their own. Assholes.

As I enter, it wasn't a lot of people in here surprisingly. Probably a good fifteen or twenty people in here as the front of th church had candle lights and pictures of love ones on the wall. Most of the people is there as you can hear soft cries in the air. I already done my cries for my family. I don't need to do it again. I can't lose myself anymore now. Walking over to the table by the back, there a big pot of streaming water and a few cups. A box of black tea with only four bags left. I wanted to get full at least with something that tastes good so I'm using my coffee pack since it already have creamer and sugar in it.

Using my own cup, I scoop myself a good amount of hot water and pour in my coffee mix. Having a cup that's twice the size come in handy these days.

"Do you have anymore of those miss?"

I turn to see the pastor walking up to me. Seeing how people isn't helping him nor the elders, I don't see why not to share with him. I simply nod as his eyes widened with joy.

"Sorry for being rude but I couldn't help but smell coffee from over here. It smells truly amazing." He said as I chuckle.

I gave him four pack of them as he scoop himself some water as well. Giving him that was the best choice while he took his time making it.

"I can't tell you enough how longing I was for a cup of Joe. Thank you so much!" He said as he took small sips.

"Anytime father. I'm gonna go and sit down and take in this heat for a while." I said as he nod.

I didn't want to talk to anyone else so I sat a few sits away from the people in the front. I seen four fire place and a small grill in the back keeping people outside warm as well. Taking my time drinking I realize how lucky I am to have this. Back at home I ordered three boxes of this 3 in 1 coffee packets since I was working like crazy. Who would've thought that was the last shipment I was getting. If I knew that shit was happening, I would've done more to keep myself safe. My family safe.