Chapter 16

It's been a few days after.... you know with Dill. Still can't believe it as my heart pounding like crazy even more than ever.

I didn't realize he left marks on me until the day after as I couldn't stretch properly. But Dill treated me with after care and wouldn't stop apologizing for marking me up. Couldn't help but to chuckle by the thought of me letting another person do this to me. But to be honest, I felt that I didn't do much while the act. I mean we been doing it everyday and it's always him taking care of my needs.

"Hey sweetheart! Can you come in here real quick? I think I got a signal finally." Dill said

But what I'm more curious about him is this friend he have that's living in the city. After telling me they were his editor amaze me that not only dose he have a sister alive but a friend as well.

I won't tell him but I am jealous. Love him or not, he have people that knows him are still alive while the rest of us don't even know if they still out there or not.

Walking to the far back room, Dill sitting down on a desk with a radio while a loud static plays. He been at it all morning trying to connect to some guy name Daniel.

"Any progress Dill?" I asked.

Dill turn to me sweetly as he wraps his arms around me. Can't help but be amazed on how smart he is. Just thinking about it, I wonder how his sister is as well. But he told me to not to trust her since she's not on good terms with him. Thankfully she doesn't know about his friend.

"Nothing yet, but I was able to connect to the radio tower. Only thing is, no one is returning sadly." He said.

"Than what about your friend than? You think he still have power?" I asked as he smiles up at me.

"Trust me sweetheart. He's the man with many talents as me. Probably out working since the city is on high alert from the cult." He said as I nodded.

Without saying another word, he pulled me onto his lap as he continue to hold me close to him. For someone who wears less clothes in a sub zero winter, Dill is warm. Being able to wake up feeling warm from head to toe is a wonderful feeling. Specially wakong up with a partner that dose makes you feel safe.

"Once this is done, let's cuddle up by the fire." Dill said in a cheerful tried tone.

He been working nonstop after Kat and Frank left. Not too long ago, Dill had to shot someone that was near the burning bodies. I keep telling him I'll help out but always the same answer by him.

"They can come back anytime to take you Yunnie. I need to make sure you'll be safe while away from me." He told me last night.

He is right that, they can come anytime now and take me. But what I'm more worried about is Dill well being. What if they come and kill him? But than again, Frank had the moment of leaving Dill to his death instead he saved him thankfully. Thanks to him, I'm able to be honest with Dill even more as our relationship is getting somewhere.

But this gut feeling is still on the back of my head screaming that he'll leave me behind. Maybe as soon as he sees Y/N again. I know he still loves them.

If that dose happen, will he still talk to me? Or even show me this side of him again?

"Something on your mind sweetheart?"

Dill snap me out of my thoughts as it seems I was showing my expectations again. Quickly shaking the feeling off of me, I softly smiled at him as I felt myself relaxed my muscles on my back.

"Nothing really to be honest. Just thinking about all of this snow and shit." I lied.

Dill looked at me with the most honest look in his eyes as you can almost see them sparkle. His eyes look so gentle and pure that it doesn't match his face.  With the burn marks and cuts, you can see the dark circles looks permanent. If he was able to get treatment, he'll probably would look like his old self again.