27- Lionel

It's five months this month

It's five months this month. Four more months and I get to meet my daughter or son. 

Me and Bayley have been thinking of names. She wants a Spanish name I don't really mind. She said something about Xavier for a boy and Adaliah for a girl.

Things have been different though. Bayley has been more closed off ever since the doctors appointment. She said the baby was healthy and everything was fine, but ever since then she barely talks to anyone and every time I see her it looks like she is in a world of her own. 

I tried speaking with her and she just said it was probably pregnancy hormones. I don't think it is most days she can't even look at me. 

"Hey. You okay?" Elena asks as she sits at the small table in the kitchen. I give her a nod and she sighs. 

"She hasn't told you yet has she?" She fiddles with her fingers. My brows furrow. 

"Told me what." 

"Lionel, she- ... I think it's best if she tells you." Elena stands from the chair with Athena at her side and leaves the room. 

 I'm left in confusion as Kaden walks into the room and goes straight to the fridge. As he turns around he jumps slightly as he notices me. 

"I can smell you coming from a mile away Kade, you need to relax on the drugs." I say and he sighs. 

"I know, I'm sorry. I'll stop when the baby comes okay." I nod my head in understanding. 

My hands run through my hair in frustration. What is she not telling me? Why is she being so closed off to me? Why do I care? Do I care? Why am I feeling like this? 

"Omg. You like Bayley!" Kaden shouts at me and I freeze and stare at him. 

"No I do-..." Do I? I mean she is beautiful but anyone can see that, and when she plays with her hands when she is nervous is cute and her smile that lights up her eyes and makes her dimple com- 

"I-...," I sigh, I do, "Yes I know." Kaden just laughs at me.  

 "What?" I ask.

"Tell her before it's to late. Believe me she feels the same way." I sigh and drop my head. 

No she doesn't. "Okay Kade." 

-------------------

It's two in the fucking morning and she isn't back yet. 

She has been out all day and she isn't back yet. 

What if something happened to her, she is pregnant. 

What i- 

"Hey, your still up?" She comes through the bedroom door and puts her phone on the side. She rubs her small bump. 

"Where the fuck were you?" I ask and her brows furrow. 

"Out." Is all she says. 

"Out where?" I grit through my teeth. 

"I was just out, why do you care?!" She says clearly getting frustrated with my tone.

"Because I care about you." I say. 

"Why, you have no reason to." 

"Because I fucking love you." I stop myself with my words and she freezes and her eyes go wide. 

"What?" She whispers.

I sigh. "What is going on. You can't look at me, you don't talk to me. It's like you are hiding something." 

She just sits on the side of the bed frozen. "You love me?" She asks. 

I grab hold of her hands. "Bayley please talk to me, I'm begging you." 

----------------------------------

Words: 587

I know it's fucking short but I have a week left of school, exams r stressful and my mental health is all over the place I will try and get another chapter out soon. This story will probably speed up quite a lot because I only wanted it to have around 20-30 chapter but now I want it to have around 40-50.

-K (Not edited)