Lucifer

10 years after their ascension to Earth

Every prince leads a normal existence. A life that every human finds routine and not unusual. So far, the princes have relished the presence of humanity, never wishing to punish all of the nice people they have met over the years.

They came out of the Underworld with no regrets whatsoever.

Lucifer has now named himself as "Lee Heesung", a detective that works under the Korean government. His name was recognized after solving a complex crime with a brutal and smart criminal behind the entire thing. Although, that occured five years ago, and now he's heading to the cemetery with his colleagues, paying the smart criminal a visit since it's his death anniversary.

The criminal died five years ago, his body was found hanging from the ceiling in their jail cell. He took his own life after countless of attempted escapes.

Heesung knows he'll end up in Hell, and have his soul burnt to crisps, his bones eaten by the hungry demons that are--

"Heesung! Earth to Heesung!" One of his colleagues snapped his fingers in front of the daydreaming detective.

His consciousness came back and looked at his colleague, "Pardon?"

"Daydreaming again, huh?" The colleague by the name of Choi Yeonjun asks, noticing how his fellow detective friend has been daydreaming usually.

"Apologies, just thinking of home." Heesung says, knowing that his home is literally Hell.

"Homesick, hmm?" Yeonjun slouches in his seat, "I understand, you have been working under us for six years with no vacation breaks whatsoever. Maybe after this you can finally visit your home. Give your mom a kiss and your dad a big hug."

'I can't do that since I'm banished from Heaven.' Heesung thoughts.

"Even if I miss it, I will never go back there." Heesung says.

"Ah, fam probs?" Yeonjun questions, being the nosy friend he is.

"You can say that. I broke my Father's rule so..." Heesung trails off, reliving the day he left the Underworld. It wasn't a smooth trip, a fiery argument came about with his Father as he was about to step out of the Underworld. Yells and insults were exchanged between the two. And after that, the other princes followed, knowing that Lucifer is their big brother and they look up to him as much as how people look up to God.

"What kind of rule?" Yeonjun further inquires.

Heesung shrugs, "It's just."

Their car arrived in front of the cemetery gates. The driver parked it by the side of the road, signalling Yeonjun and Heesung to get off the car.

Yeonjun reaches for the black umbrella before stepping out of the pouring rain.

He opens the umbrella and shares it with Heesung, letting out a small "Let's go." As they walk through the gates.

-

They made their way to the criminal's tombstone, having to see his family members cry and toss flowers onto his tomb.

Heesung felt horrible because he believed that if the criminal had never committed any of the heinous crimes, his family would never have to witness this.

Yeonjun and Heesung approach the family, bowing to show respect.

"We're truly sorry for your loss." Heesung says.

The father looks up at Heesung, immediately recognizing his face. "You must be the detective in charge of his case."

Heesung nodded, "Yes sir."

"W-we are truly grateful for what you did. We just hoped he could repent from his actions if you locked him up. We never expected him to..." The mother broke down in tears, a mother's love will forever stay, they just want what's best for their children, which is why the criminal's mother never expected her son to take his own life because she knows her son like the back of her hand. She knows that he is willing to learn from his mistakes. She felt betrayed after knowing about his death.

Yeonjun crouches down beside her, patting her back as he tells her it's okay to let the tears out.

"Don't worry, at least he's in a good place now." Yeonjun reassures them.

Heesung knows it's a lie. His sin is too heavy to carry to the stairways of Heaven. Heesung's powers never faded, he suddenly felt another presence in the area. An evil one to be exact.

He can sense an evil soul walking amongst them. In the corner of his eye, he could've sworn he saw a man behind the trees. Heesung started feeling uneasy, he knows that the gates in Hell is heavily protected by guards, how can an evil spirit get here?

"Did you all have lunch?" The father asks.

"Not yet, sir." Heesung answers, turning his head towards him.

"Let's have lunch, shall we? Our treat." The father offers.

Yeonjun stands up from the ground while helping the mother stand up as well, he nodded in response. It would be rude to turn down the offer.

The father leads the way with the other family members trailing from behind. Yeonjun pats Heesung's shoulder as he follows the family.

Heesung stares at the tombstone for one more time before joining with Yeonjun.

"Here lies Kim Dongseok
1994 - 2017"