A Flaming Heart

Kim Sunoo's Epilogue

"Sunoo? Sunoo!"

Niki? Is that you?

What is happening?

Why can't I move?

"You can't just leave me like that... please wake up..."

I'm not going to leave you!

I will never!

The light came flashing down from above, it was bright enough for the Fallen Prince to adjust to it.

It's Him...

-

Upon blooming into a sea of clouds, the faint sound of bells ringing awakens Sunoo as he is all dressed in white from top to bottom. The very same sound that devout believers would hear in churches.

He looks down and sees the blazing fire tracing onto his heart, where Michael stabbed him.

He finally remembers.

Michael stabbed him with the Flaming Sword after saving Riki.

Riki...

The last thing he heard was him calling his name.

Feelings of remorse arise at the thought that the boy would believe he left him.

Sunoo caresses the fire with his palm, able to withstand its heat seeing as he is now a soul.

I'm... dead?

"Baal, my dear child." A heavenly voice echoes throughout the clouds which caught Sunoo's attention.

"Father, am I dead?" He questions, still not believing he left the mortal realm for good.

"It is a part of the contract, Baal. Your faith is constrained like a mortal for you prayed to become one." God explains. "Look around you. You died, yet you ended up in Heaven, why do you think that?" He adds a question which caused Sunoo to think of how he is worthy to end up in the place of the pure, yet he used to be a Prince of Hell.

It didn't make sense.

"I'm a Prince of Hell, Father. I turned against you, I tortured sinners for years." Sunoo steps forward to the light shining in front of him, "I am not worthy to be here. I doubted myself, I am the weakest prince, I let Belphegor carry me for Pete's sake! Why would you let me in here?" Sunoo begs to know.

"You say you are the weakest, yet you saved your brother. Your determination was the key to defeating Leviathan. Your blood saved a capital."

"Saved a capital? You mean... my mortal blood worked..." Sunoo says.

The clouds then formed around him, revealing what is happening down on Earth. He sees the six of his brothers hugging each other as the battlefield slowly resolves around them.

"That's right. The buildings may have collapsed, but because of a pure mortal's blood, it binded the six other princes. That pure mortal is you, Baal." He then adds,

"You have been nothing but the embodiment of purity, a perfect example of what humans should be."

"They did it..." Sunoo was pleased to see his brothers finally gathering. But, without him.

"Hmm? Your eyes tell me your journey isn't over. Perhaps your heart is attached to what life you had on Earth. Am I correct, son?" God acknowledges Sunoo's drive to live once again.

Sunoo declines by shaking his head, "No. As you said, it's a part of the contract. This was my prayer, and I have met my faith."

"Most of the souls that I greet at the gates of Heaven longed to experience life once more. I grant them a second chance, a chance to re-experience my holy creation. But, since such an opportunity is given, they shall forget each grain of memory they had of their past life, they shall only know their name."