Belphegor

Belphegor is the prince who punishes sinners who refuse to work, are lazy, or only do the bare minimum. He had become a sloth himself once he discovered the human world to be comfortable.

Nishimura Riki was the name of the lazy slob. He spent the years following his arrival on Earth either sleeping or gaming. He admits to himself that he is out of shape and is engaging in unhealthy habits. But, since he is immortal, he doesn't give a fuck.

He rented a cheap apartment since that's all he can afford without having to work full-time. He smokes, drinks, a slob indeed. People were often concerned about him because he appeared to be a teen boy in their eyes, but Riki did this on purpose to play with them.

There's no doubt he wants to work and earn the money to live. He found it absurd that you have to pay in order to survive, yet he wants to save up so he can eat a proper meal. All he would eat are chips, and fast-food takeouts.

Getting rid of the lazy habit is hard for him to do, it grew on him. So he works from home as a streamer in front of ten of his followers.

"I think that's going to wrap up for today's stream. Stay tuned for more fun streams as this one." His voice was monotonous, just wanting to end the stream after being discouraged by the fact that only one viewer watched it.

"That's okay." He utters to himself as he ends the stream.

He takes off his headphones and plops down on his bed, sighing deeply, craving for another drink. He sits back up on his bed, observing the messy apartment he lives in. It's literally a hell hole. Shirts, skins of junk foods, dusts, crumbs, were everywhere.

"Why am I living like this?" He asks himself before standing up to open the drawer where he keeps all of his cigarettes. This time, he found none. He forgot to buy new ones after smoking packs after packs everyday.

He curses himself, grabbing a coat as he leaves the apartment.

-

It was getting dark, and the weather forecast predicted snow for the entire night, which worried Riki because he didn't have a heater installed in his apartment. Every time this happens, he'd take a stray cat home and snuggle with it to keep him warm. He considers cats as his spirit animal, something about the furry feline makes him feel at ease.

He walks all the way to the convenience store that is opened for twenty-four hours as it says on the neon sign displayed on the glass. He pushes the glass door open causing the small bell on top of it to ring.

"Good evening, welcome to Heaven/Eleven." The young worker greets drowsily as if he just came back from a nap.

Riki scoffs at the name 'Heaven', it reminds him of nothing but bad times. Times he'd wish he'd forget, naive and painful times.

He shook his head and went to pick up a few cat food for the stray cats that are outside of the store and of course two packs of cigarettes. Riki approaches another aisle, picking his favorite junk food and candies.

The store's bell rang again as the worker greets them the same way he greeted Riki.

Riki sees a small figure coated in a comfortable sweater, a beanie, and cozy pajamas to keep them warm. He envies the person and he's not even the handler of Envy. He thinks they're so lucky to be fortunate enough to keep themselves warm and fuzzy in a weather like this. They don't have to worry about their feet getting cold.

He doesn't even realize that he's staring at the person for too long.

"E-excuse me." The person clears his throat.

"Sorry." Riki was blocking the way to the next aisle, he stepped aside and let's the stranger walk past him. The scent of the stranger made Riki look at him once more. 'He oddly smells like home' Riki thoughts.

He quietly follows him from behind, seeing how the said stranger is carrying a basket filled with goods. Foods that Riki didn't even know existed.

'It seems he likes food so much'

The person turns around and was shocked to see Riki right in front of him, "You scared me." He smiles at him, his eyes forming crescents as he smiles.
"Do you need anything?" He asks, looking up at Riki's tall figure.

"I..." The stranger waited for his answer.

"I feel cold."

"Ah yes. They did broadcast that a snowy weather is gonna coat the entire town tonight. Stay safe!" The person pats his shoulder and went to a different aisle to grab more food.

Riki just sighed, feeling the cringe crawl in his skin. Mentally punching himself as he kept rewinding his previous actions in his mind. "Fuck it." He mumbles before walking to the cashier, placing down all the items he got for himself on the counter.

The worker grabbed the two packs of cigarettes and checked Riki's face.

"Sir, I would have to check your ID."

"ID?" Riki questions. He has no idea what an ID is or where can he get one.

"Yes, I need to confirm your age, sir."

Riki gets it now. "Oh, these are for my father." He reasons.

The worker is still suspicious of him, but he still scans the items' QRs, "That would be 10,700." Riki reaches for his pocket and only had 1K in his possession.

"Here, I'll pay for it." The stranger from earlier handed his money to the cashier.
"No no, it's okay, keep it--"

"Let me pay for it." He looks at Riki dead serious in the eyes. Riki gave up and let's him pay. The stranger wore his signature fox-like smile before purchasing Riki's items.

"Thank you." Riki bows at him.

"It's no problem. Here." He hands Riki his goods that are in a plastic bag. Riki thanks him one more time before exiting the store. The cats automatically approached him as he crouches in front of the felines.

"All of you must've been so hungry." Riki talks to the cats as if it can understand him. "I know I am."

He opens the can up and distributes a fair amount of cat food for each cat. He sits next to them, caressing the fur. They ate the cat food that Riki provided for them and it made him happy.

"We're pretty similar. We're surviving out in the cold, we have no food to eat, we are only relying on what is put in front of us." Riki started pitying himself. He decided to sleep in the streets with the cats instead of taking some of them home. He had no energy to go back to his flat.

-

Belphegor woke up after a putrid scent brushed through his nose. It was still early in the morning, and the sun is still making its way up in the sky.

He noticed the comfy blanket covering his body, but that wasn't the only thing he noticed. He discovered the cats he had previously fed lying in blood-stained snow. The corpse of each one has its guts taken out.

Riki backed away, observing the horrific scene carefully. "What the fuck?!" He found it spine-chilling. He heard one of the cats meowing for help, and so he approaches it, ending up in an alley that is right beside the convenience store.

There he sees a spider-like creature devouring the cat by biting through its stomach.

"Shouldn't you be in Hell?" Riki wonders as he attacks the debilitating monster with a dark spell that would allow him to manipulate it. He entered the monster's consciousness and decapitated it by stabbing itself in the neck. He departs from the spell and sees it slowly disappearing with dust like particles coming out of it.

Riki walks towards the beast, crouching in front of it as he watches it withering away. "Don't touch my kitties." He warned, wiping sweat off his brow and turning away from the creature.

-

a/n: don't touch his kitties 😡