Epilogue

9 years ago... the aftermath

In the land that is carved from the war that transpired, the soil that retains the souls of the sacrificed with great reverence, the withered trees dance along the dead climate.

The restoration of Seoul began with the utilization of yellow-painted heavy equipment to lift the rubble left over from the battle between the two brothers, Leviathan and Lucifer.

Bypassers' ears are ringing with the deafening sound of construction workers shaping the ground with their machinery.

The pounding of the heavy hammer against the metal slamming the ground creates unsettling vibrations beneath their feet.

However, amid that bustling environment, a figure in black looks down at the ongoing reconstruction. The cold and sharp wind flies through his lengthy hair that is shaded like the night sky.

The sun shines down from above, mirroring a certain pendant that is planted just close to the ominous figure.

He crouches down as soon as his eyes greeted the pendant. His slender fingers met the dust-covered diamond, wiping the dirt off with his thumb.

He picks it up after immediately recognizing it in his touch. The character sighs while standing back up and continues watching the construction.

"So this is Earth." He breathes in the thick air and exhales, mixing his cold breath with the warm climate. He then wonders,

"What made our rulers fight for this land, when they have a throne higher than others?"

As a second figure in black approaches the first from behind, her heels tap on the ground which made the other aware of her presence.

"Well, what can I say? The people here are rumored to be delightful. Don't you agree, Hyunjin?"

He casts a bored glance back at his twin sister.

"But are they even worth fighting for, Yeji?"

To be continued in "Incubus and Succubus" ...