The Good, The Bad, The Wicked

As soon as I blinked open my eyes, I noticed raindrops slowly trickling down my face and into my clothing. Walking through the neon-lit city, I can feel the cold wind stinging every edge of my skin.

This.

This is the first feeling I felt after stepping out of our home, Hell.

After spending centuries upon centuries punishing the sinners who walk this land, the Seven Princes of Hell parted ways to find their true purposes.

I thought it was a foolish idea. What we had in Hell is incomparable, we ruled a kingdom, yet it wasn't enough for the rest of us.

Lucifer thought it was unfair, Father's rules are unfair to him. He can't accept the fact that whatever he does, catastrophic events always seem to follow his rash decisions.

All because of him, I ended up being a bounty hunter and a slave for these humans.

Everyday, every night, the scent of blood never left my nose. My hands are tired of doing the same thing over and over again.

Punching.

Stabbing.

Choking.

Palms are dirtier than the surfaces of rotten bones. But what's dirtier are the vile intentions of these humans.

I saw how my other brothers lived their lives, filled with smiles and accomplishments. The same vile humans appreciate them, but as for me? I was used.

I can't take it anymore.

I want to break free.

I want this curse to end.

I want my life back. Our life back.

And so, in a dark gloomy night, I knelt down with one of my daggers in my hand. I prayed to God before placing the edge of the blade against my neck, ready to slice my flesh and say farewell to this life that tortured me as I tortured others.

Then, a miracle happened.

The ringtone from my phone started going off. I thought another client wanted me to take another innocent life, but it was an unknown number.

I dropped my dagger, answered my phone as I pressed it against my ear.

"Hello?" I said, still having the adrenaline rush through me, a blessing was offered to me before I could end my curse.

"This is Leviathan, right?" Her voice rang my ear.

"Yes... who is this?"

"Well, Leviathan, you're in for a treat. Our brother, Michael, heard your prayer, and he would love to help you out."

"H-he can help me out?"

"I don't want to repeat myself. If you are interested, meet us at this place." My phone vibrated as it showed me a link to an address, "This is where your life truly begins."

"You haven't told me your name."

There was a long pause before the caller gave me her name, "It's Lilith, but call me Ningning for now."

-

The next morning, I followed the address that led me to a construction site. it seems like the construction workers are currently on a break since their machines are unoccupied.

A woman in a suit, who I assume is Lilith, approached me as her heels cackle on the ground.

"You must be Leviathan." She greets.

"And you must be Lilith."

"I told you to not call me that."

"Apologies, Ningning. I'm Sunghoon, by the way. Park Sunghoon." I introduced myself, I'm still getting used to the name I came up with, I prefer Leviathan better.

"Alright, Sunghoon." She turns around and faces the building that is halfway built, "That building belongs to Michael, he's currently inside, checking out the interior of it."

"Then, let's head inside." I suggested.

"Good call." She leads the way inside the building as I follow from behind.

-

As expected, the building is dusty with parts and pieces scattered around the unfinished establishment.

In the very center of the building, Michael stands there as if he's waiting for us the entire time.

"Leviathan! Good to see my brother in good shape. How's Earth?" That's a good question, brother.

"I'm guessing you're not quite enjoying the experience." He skips towards me and lays a palm on my shoulder, "I heard your prayer and as an Archangel and your brother, I'll help you."

"Do you usually answer prayers?" I asked.

"Well, humans and celestials praying are something completely different. Mortals must be perceptive and pay attention to the signs we offer them as answers. Celestials are subject to change depending on their identity. And you, my brother, whom I love so much, I answered your prayer." Michael explains.

"How can you possibly help me? My life has been nothing but torture. How will you fix the scars I've developed over the past few years?" I confronted the Saint as I walked closer to him.

"You want your old life back, right?" I stopped my steps and decided to listen to whatever he has to offer.

"Let's start with this building, this building used to be a theater built on top of an abandoned sewer. For you to bring back your life in Hell, show your brothers the worthiness of that kingdom." He lent me a power greater than before, a pendant that represents how powerful this new ability that I have possessed.

"Now, open the gates of Hell inside that abandoned sewer. Just a little crack, and with the mortals' help, we can sacrifice them to open a bigger gate." Michael says.

"Why can't I just use the rest of the pendant's power to open the gate?" I questioned.

Ningning steps up to explain, "The pendant's power is limited and we don't want to waste it."

"Do this for me, Sunghoon. Make that Satan bitch regret leaving me and his subjects in Hell." Lilith advises, encouraging me to face the life that I have been manifesting.

If I show them what Hell is really like, then maybe our life as brothers and princes will go back just the way they were.

They shall know the truth behind this wicked world.

-

a/n: a little back story of sunghoon and his desire ✌️