Leviathan

After fully adapting to human life, the princes enjoy their current lifestyles. Each of them has a fine career and is well-liked by the people around them. Lucifer is a detective under the Korean government, Satan is a kindergarten teacher, Mammon is an actor, Belphegor is a streamer, Asmodeus runs a nightclub, and Beelzebub has a restaurant.

What about Leviathan? His job, on the other hand, is something that no person should be proud of. Sure he earns money from it, but he doesn't want to earn money this way. Leviathan, Park Sunghoon, is a bounty hunter.

A professional one, to be exact.

With just a call away, he will be on duty fulfilling his clients' wishes. Killing, shooting, questioning, even torturing. With a profession like this, Sunghoon realized how humans are always looking for vengeance, whether to prove anything or simply to satisfy themselves.

The world is just filled with a bunch of sadists. It makes Sunghoon sick.

-

The bounty hunter is currently on duty after receiving a call from a gang assigning him to find a certain detective. Sunghoon is tasked to question the detective about what truly transpired on the day of the criminal's death, as the detective is known for arresting a wanted criminal who belonged to the gang.

Sunghoon sits atop the buildings, following the detective who is escorting his partner after a second night of drinking.

The two employees have a boisterous talk that causes people to stare at them strangely.

"Come on, Heesung, just one more round!"

"Come to your senses, Yeonjun."

"You're such a party pooper!"

"I'm calling Soobin, sit down."

'That must be him.' Sunghoon focuses on the one who is more sober than the other.

Heesung, the detective, is taken aback as Sunghoon leaps from the building, landing in front of him.

"Yeah, right in front of the salon." The detective says while still on the phone. He hangs up and turns his body towards the bounty hunter with his hands in his pockets, "Do you need anything?"

Sunghoon approaches him and asks, "Detective Lee Heesung, correct?"

"Yes, is there a problem?"

Sunghoon wasted no time in dragging him into a dark alley where no one could see what he was up to.

"What happened to the criminal, Kim Dongseok?" Sunghoon starts questioning him, having a knife drawn up against Heesung's throat.

"Have you been living under a rock? He's dead." Heesung answers nonchalantly.

"Don't act dumb. We know he's smart enough not to commit suicide. Perhaps something else killed him on the day he passed." Sunghoon stares deeply into Heesung's eyes, as though he knows something the rest of the world doesn't.

"Knew it, you know something I don't." Sunghoon says.

"No, I'm trying to memorize your features to use it against you. Kim Dongseok was a bounty hunter like you, so if you don't want to end up like him, let me go." Heesung threatened maintaining a blank expression which intimidated Sunghoon.

"Your eyes are telling me something else. Did you do something to Dongseok?" Sunghoon pushes the question.

"What kind of answer do you want? The answer you seek is already out there, all over the news articles; what more can you ask for?"

The bounty hunter was about to give up when they heard a loud cry that caught both of their attention.

"Yeonjun..." Heesung exhales as he struggles to break free from Sunghoon's grip. "Let go!" But his pressure tightens.

"Not until you give me everything you know about Kim Dongseok!"

"I said let go!" Sunghoon took a step back in response to Heesung's demand. That voice is familiar to him. He's grown tired of hearing that same demanding voice.

Heesung flees from the alleys, leaving the bounty hunter behind, "Lucifer...?" Sunghoon questions himself. Was it really the same voice that he used to hear all the time in Hell? The same voice that talked back to Father as he left the Underworld?

His curiosity desires more answers, so Sunghoon chases him down, leaving the alley and witnesses the detective confronting a demon that is attempting to consume his drunken friend from earlier.

"Heesung! Help!" Yeonjun screams for help while struggling in the demon's grip. Heesung takes his gun from his holster and attempts to fire the creature, but it refuses to budge. Sunghoon approached him and questioned why he was not using his celestial abilities.

Sunghoon takes to the air and decides to use his signature trait of running swiftly and uses this to dash around the big beast. Heesung comes to realize this kind of ability, which astonished him.

Leviathan's extraordinary speed distracted the creature.

"Keep doing that." Heesung urges as he takes a blade from his pocket and climbs up, slashing the beast's flesh with it. He got up to the monster's shoulder and stabbed it square in the middle of its pupils as it turned its head towards Heesung, eliciting a loud roaring groan.

As the monster collapses to the ground, Heesung clutches Yeonjun, landing back safely in front of the salon. Sunghoon puts down his abilities and takes a breath before looking at Heesung.

'It's really him. The moves, the strategy, but why isn't he using his powers?'

"Yeonjun are you okay?" Heesung shakes Yeonjun by the shoulders.

"Never better, Heesung." He gave an answer before passing out. Not from the attack, but from the alcohol.

A car pulls up in front of them with a tall man in black exiting it, "What the hell happened here?"

"You can say that again." Sunghoon mutters.

"See that monster-looking statue? Yeah well a bunch of teens made it fall, so..." Heesung cooked up an excuse so that no one on Earth would ever know about demons. Not even the slightest clue.

"Tch, teens." The man glances at Yeonjun and back at Heesung, "And what happened to him?"

"Take him home. He has had enough drinks tonight." Heesung replies while lending Yeonjun to the man like he's some doll.

"Alright, how about you?" He carries Yeonjun as he asks Heesung.

"Ah well..." The detective looks at Sunghoon, "I have important matters to attend to."

"Okay then, see you tomorrow." The man says while dragging Yeonjun all the way to his car.

"Have a safe ride, Soobin." Heesung waves them goodbye as Soobin drives off.

And as soon as the car is out of their sight, Heesung faces Sunghoon, knowing that he is, "Leviathan."

Sunghoon smiles, finally having to confirm that he is, "Lucifer."

-

a/n: finally the individual chapters are done!! the story will further progress after this 🤟