A Boy's Growth

Nishimura Riki's Epilogue

"Read the sign, Nishimura."

"Let me pay for it."

"Keep your duck face quiet, enjoy the moment while I'm being nice."

"I would love to watch your streams."

And just like that, he wakes up with the same dream.

The same words.

With the same person.

Even after ten years, Sunoo in his mind remained as vivid as the day they met at the convenience store. He keeps fooling himself of the excruciatingly distant notion that he is still alive as he is unable to bring himself to accept that Sunoo is gone.

He rises up from his bed, their cat, Oreo, greeting him with his fur rubbing against his milky skin.

Riki brings the feline close to his face, "Good morning Oreo, you've grown up quite quickly."

"Meow..." It was fed up of Riki's affection.

"You hate me, do you?" The fluffy cat jumped off Riki's arms and went straight to the kitchen.

"He hates me." He convinces himself, sliding his legs off of the mattress and slipping his feet into a pair of slippers. He stretches his limbs out while yawning like a bear.

Riki strolls from his bedroom to his living room, passing by a wall covered in awards he has earned over his career as one of the top streamers.

Trophies to serve as a reminder that he succeeded, however the greatest trophy he has ever been given is the encouragement of...

"I would love to watch your streams."

'You keep entering my mind, stop it.' Riki shakes the thought of Sunoo once again.

"Meow."

He looks down at Oreo who is giving him such an expression.

"I know, you miss him too."

A jingle blasted through Riki's speakers as his personal AI assistant speaks in the most monotonous voice a robot could have, "Incoming call, K. Incoming call, K"

"Answer." Riki initiates to answer the call while throwing himself on his white puffy couch.

His TV turned on and answered the call while displaying K who was waving at him on the screen.

"Hey Riki!" K's voice chirped.

"Good morning to you too, K. How's your condition--"

"I'm fine! Me and Taki recovered well, so we're A-Okay!" K reassures him.

"Oh, I was just making sure, since mortals tend to be a bit vulnerable..." Riki trailed off, though K failed to hear his remarks.

Riki is aware of what transpired to Mr. M's followers, who all received special treatment as a result of the events that left them severely traumatized. Especially Taki.

And K continues to discuss what he has been wanting to tell Riki, "By the way! Dude! Congrats on winning this year's Best Streamer Award! How about lunch with Taki today? Hmm? Hmm?"

"Alright, alright. Besides, I..."

"Thank you, Duck face."

"... I need to get my thoughts out of the way."

K could be seen joyously cheering as it has been a while since they have last hung out, "Nice! Don't worry, me and Taki will look for a place to eat so just sit your ass down. I'll call you!"