CHAPTER 18-Dragon Phoenix Tournament Part 3

Death and Vergil stand across from one another, ready to fight. no one makes a move for a good few moments. Until Death does.

Death: "Die." he said lowly.

He aimed his left hand as a large wall of Bones shot at Vergil. Vergil saw this coming and he gripped his sword tightly. He slashed out of his Sheath and sliced the wall of Bones in half. The pieces of it falling behind him. Vergil then charges Death who spins his Scythe with one hand. Death then grabs his Scythe with two hands and slashed down at Vergil who slashed his sword while spinning and parried the attack. Vergil spun his sword and got into his stance once backing up from Death. Death spins his scythe and slashes it sending an Arc of Black magic at him.

Death: "Dark Slasher!" he shouted as the Arc of Black magic raced for Vergil.

Vergil blocked the Arc with his sword and it pushed him back slightly before he shoved it to the side causing an explosion to happen off to the side.

Heimdall: "Okay!! This fight definitely is going to be better than that last one!!" he announces.

With the Gods, (Y/n) looked over his shoulder to see Shiva was fully interested. He looked and saw the same look on Zeus's face as well as Aphrodite. Well, she took a few glances at him so he couldn't really tell if she cared or not. Ares sure was.

Death: "So you can block it. Good to know." he said.

Vergil: "Never underestimate me." he said before disappearing.

Death didn't flinch and faded into the black mist and smoke as Vergil flashed downward from above. Death reforms behind him. Vergil turned as he flipped his sword before blocking the blade of Death's scythe. The ground cracks as Death kicks Vergil sending him a good distance away. Vergil hit the ground and slid a few feet before stopping. Vergil jumps up off the ground and onto his feet.

Death: "Out of the mortals that fought to keep their soul. Your lasting longer." he comments.

Vergil: "because I am no mortal. I am the Son of Sparda and you SHALL NOT UNDERESTIMTE ME!!" he shouted as he readies an attack.

RandomGod1: "What is that Human doing? He'll get himself killed just standing there." he said.

(Y/n) merely rolls his eyes before closing them.

Shiva: "Is something the matter?" he asked.

(Y/n): "Vergil is not a Human. But a demon. The Son of Sparda. And he can do just more than swing a sword." he said.

Vergil: "Judgement Cut." Vergil jumps back before Death is barraged with slashes that stuns the Soul collector.

Death: "What!? How!? You weren't even close to me!!" he said in utter shock.

Vergil: "Like I said, never underestimate me reaper." he spat before taking a stance.

Death: "YOU dare to mock me!? I'LL SHOW YOU!!" he yells as he rockets towards Vergil leaving behind a trail of black mist.

Vergil moves his feet and readies his sword. Death twirls his Scythe around before grabbing it with both hands.

Death: "TWO CAN PLAY THE SLASHING GAME!!! DEATH'S JUDGEMENT!!!" he shouted as his Scythe gained purple electricity.

Vergil swung his own sword.

Vergil: "Spiral Swords." he said as blue blades appeared around him. "Merging Blades."

The blue swords then fused into his katana giving it a bright blue aura. Death's Scythe and Vergil's blade race for each other before clashing and letting out a large shockwave. Blue sparks of lightning shoot off Vergil's blade while purple sparks of Lightning shoot of Death's Scythe.