Chapter Fifteen~ Tiny casket

Callie's POV

While in the hospital I had to plan a funeral. It took me so long because every time his name was brought up I could cry. The casket that he would be put in was so tiny and anytime I looked at the picture of it I would cry.

We decided that for my sanity we would just have the entire funeral at the cemetery. Hunter would be placed in a section with just babies. The way to get there was a small bridge and all the little headstones made my eyes water.

On a good note Hayden finally got to come home. We were currently getting ready for his brothers funeral and I don't think the realization had hit me just yet. I put on a black dress as Zander watched Hayden sleep on the bed. Issac was also getting dressed in a black suit.

"Come on," I whisper picking up Hayden as he opened his eyes slowly. I put him in a small black onesie with black socks and a black hat. Never in my entire life would I think that I would do this. A parent should never have to bury there child and my heart goes out to the parents who do have to go through this.

"Are you ready?" Zander asks buttoning his pants. I nod at him and we make our way down stairs where everyone sat waiting. I smile at everyone and they send small sad smiles back. This was going to be a hard day for all of us.

"Do you want to walk?" Issac asks me. The cemetery was just a few minutes walk from here and I nodded. It gave me more time to think. I made sure that Zander had the diaper bag before walking out the door with everyone following behind me.

We walk our way to the cemetery, a horrifying walk. We are met with an empty graveyard except for the grave keeper by Hunters little blue casket. Tears gather in my eyes as he smiles softly at me.

Everyone took their time walking up and placing a flower on the casket but I couldn't. I made sure the casket was closed because I don't think I could bring myself to look.

"I'll hold Hayden," Mary tells me reaching her hands out. I nod at her giving her the small sleeping baby in my arms. I take my time walking up to the casket.

Everyone was crying or praying. It was very memorable. Once I reach the casket I can't help but let a sob out as the blue glistens in the sun light. I grab a flower and place it on his casket. I lean over and kiss the head of the casket as tears collide against the stainless steel.

"Come on baby," Issac whispers pulling me into his arms as I sob. This was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through and I could never go through this again.

"We lower this angel into the ground and watch as he takes his first step up the stairway to heaven," the groundskeeper says lowering the casket into the ground, "we pray to you moon goddess to accept this baby with open arms and keep his family here on earth safe."

*************************************************
I'm legit balling my eyes out.... Short but I felt like this should be a chapter of its own