Chapter One~ early arrivals

Alpha Zander Knox. Who in their right mind would not want to meet a man like himself? He's dominant, beautiful, and ugh amazing in every way possible. Everyone knows who he is. Some envy him, worship him, hate him, but everyone fears him. Sure he seems like a scary man but his beauty takes away my fear for him.

I've seen him in magazines and on tv and when I was little I once seen him from afar. He's the alpha to the largest and strongest pack in America. He's 28 and has been alpha since his 18th birthday. Even in my 18 years of life I have envied this man. Being a Beta's daughter has its perks when it comes to knowing who is visiting the alpha. Alpha Zander is arriving in two days to the Morning Tide Pack, my pack.

Since I first laid eyes on Mr. Alpha Zander he doesn't seem to leave my mind. It has been a silly little crush since I was 8 years old. Young I know but I can't help it. Even my wolf, Eve, tends to think about him constantly. No matter what I'm doing, he is always on my mind.

I was sheltered for my entire life so I never actually got to meet the man himself but this time I promised myself I would. I promised myself that no matter what I would find a way to at least be in the same room as him for a couple minutes.

I wish he was my mate but things don't work out that way for girls like me. I'm 5'2, weighing 119 lbs, have sun kissed skin, dark brown hair, and blue eyes. I'm quite exactly the ordinary girl. I like Starbucks, movies, strawberries, pastel purple, and winter. I love to stargaze and walk through the forest whether it be day or night. I'm not sure how I can walk through a forest at night but can't sleep without a nightlight.

I have an older brother and an older sister making me the youngest of the Thorn siblings. My parents are the Beta male and female. My best friends are my stuffed bears Ken and Buff. I absolutely love Belle and Tiana the Disney princesses and my favorite show is gravity falls and courage the cowardly dog.

"Callie! Breakfast!" My brother yells up the stairs. My brother Logan was one of my favorite people. He has always been the best big brother anyone could ask for even if he's 4 years older than me. He looked exactly like me except his eyes were green like my dads.

"Coming," I mumble not thinking if he could hear me or not. I was currently rewatching Princess and the frog and they were about to meet Louis.

"Come on Callie you can finish the movie once you eat," my big sister Stephanie says walking into my room with her arms crossed. Stephanie was mean sometimes and told me what to do a lot but I still loved her. She was 3 years older than me and looked exactly like my mom. Black hair, blue eyes, and fair skin.

"I can eat after I finish the movie," I whisper snuggling further into my blankets.

"No you have to eat or your food will be cold. Come on," Stephanie says taking the remote and pausing the tv.

"Ugh I don't want to," I moan. I can eat later.

"No now come on," Stephanie says walking out of my room and down the stairs with my remote. I sign getting up and rushing down the stairs.

"Callie don't run!" My mother scolds me. I huff not wanting to even be here.

I take my seat next to my brother as my mother brings the food to the table along with my sister-in-law, Grace. She is my brothers mate and is absolutely the best person I've ever met. This was a special breakfast because Logan and Grace came all the way from the pack house to spend time with us. Even though it was only a 5 minute drive.

"Callie did you finish you painting for me yet?" Logan asks me. I had been painting him this really pretty flower for him to take back to the pack house and hang up and I just finished it before watching my movie this morning.

"I did! I finished it this morning. I'll go get it!" I rush out excitedly jumping up and running to my room with multiple scolds from my mother and sister.

Coming back down the stairs I look at the painting. It was a big sun flower because I know Grace loves sunflowers. Walking back into the dinning room everyone has food on their plate including myself. My brother or mom always make my plate so I don't make a mess.

"Here you go," I say handing it to my brother with a big smile. He smiled as he showed Grace.

"It's beautiful Cal," Grace comments with a huge smile.

"I know I'm a great artist," I say flipping my hair over my shoulder as everyone laughs. I take my seat and dig in along with everyone else. Small talk is kept between different people at the table as I eat my food.

"So we have important news," my brothers says looking at everyone at the table.

"Alpha Knox has decided to arrive earlier than expected," my brother says looking serious. My family looked nervous. I just sat there listening and continuing to eat my scrambled eggs.

"When?" My father questions know putting his entire focus onto my brother.

"Tonight," my brother says. My eyes widen as I look at my brother while still chewing my ketchup covered eggs.

"Tyler is still gone to the Pitcher Pack so we must treat him to dinner. I hope you don't mind for him to be here," Logan says. Tyler is our Alpha and is best friends with Logan.

"Of course we don't mind," my mother says trying to look confident but you can see she is worried.

"I'm done," I say standing up after finishing half my plate. I put my hand out to my sister as she hands me my remote.

"Callie dinner tonight at 6 and dress decently," my father says as I make my way out of the kitchen.

"Sir yes sir," I say turning and doing the military salute. I quickly turn back and rush to my room missing the warmth of my bed. Our pack was stationed in New Hampshire which makes it cold usually but since it was November it was ten times colder.

It was currently 11 am so I had time to watch a few movies then last minute get dressed. It'll be great.

I begin watching Princess and the Frog after getting comfy in my bed. I soon find my eyes drifting into the sweet darkness.

*************************************************
What do you think so far? 🤔 I legit just wrote this entire chapter and just thought of the entire "plot" for this story in my bath tub. 😂😂 I was like I want to write but idk what to write about and I get most of my inspiration while I shower or bathe so I was just like bro imma just get comfy in my bath tub with some blankets. Definitely best decision I've made. Prolly gonna write quite a few chapters here 😂👏🏼