•3•

Rooster

Rolling over, my body shudders as a breeze skims over me. A short huff leaves my lips as I struggle to fall back asleep. The stiffness of the pool table was surely going to bite me in the ass.

Brushing my hair back, I glanced over at Rae, who was peacefully sleeping away from me. Her brown hair was cascading over the table, somehow making her even more gorgeous.

Leaning up, my weight rests on my elbows as I glanced over at her.

Although we had just met today, she was breathtaking. In my attempt to introduce myself to her, I accidentally locked her inside her own job. I felt terrible, but for some reason I was thankful to get the chance to know her. My attempt was blown, but I still had time.

Sighing, I shook my head and laid back down on the table. The side of the table was digging into my arm, so I attempted to scoot over without getting too close to her.

After a short grunt, I hear Rae begin to roll over. When I looked over, her body was shivering in her sleep. All of a sudden, she pushes her body closer to mine, under my arm. Her head comes to a stop on my chest, her touch igniting my skin on fire.

Soft snores escape her lips, her leg coming up and resting over my hips. After a short moment, her arm slings over my stomach.

Gingerly, I place my hand on her back. I didn't want her to be uncomfortable, so I rest my hand on her waist.

I was so caught up with having her laying on me, that I didn't notice how warm she made me feel. It wasn't just physically, but whenever I thought about her she made me feel warm inside. Whenever we made eye contact earlier, I instantly knew I had to get to know her better. Now, I wasn't intending on sleeping on a pool table two days before my training starts, but I was willing to do it if it meant I got to get to know her better.

Closing my eyes, my thumb absentmindedly caressed her side through the shirt. Nerves were settling in my stomach, but I couldn't deny how giddy she made me.

Rae's soft snores mixed with her breathing began to lull me back to sleep.

•••

My eyes flutter open, the sunlight creeping into my vision. A groan slips past my lips as I go to turn away from it, but then I feel the weight on my chest.

Rae was still laying on my chest, peacefully asleep.

Glancing up at the clock on the wall, it was 8:34 am. We have a whole two hours until Rae's mom comes to open up.

An ache had settled on the base of my spine, which was going to be hell during training.

A soft mumble escapes Rae's lips as she stirs. Once again, nerves settle in my stomach as she lifts her head.

She murmurs to herself as she sits up, looking down at me.

"Oh, shit. I'm so sorry! I didn't realize." Rae pushes herself away from me. Her warmth dissipating from me, leaving me feeling cold.

"Hey, it's fine. I understand." I assured her, sitting up so we were level. She sighs as she pushes her hair back, looking over at the clock.