•23•

A laugh leaves Bradley's lips he leans forward around me, placing the beer bottle down on my mom's entertainment center. His arm falls behind me on the couch, encasing me to his side.

"No! Rae was the one that broke your lamp, she just blamed it on me!" Amelia defends herself, a loud laugh leaving my lips. "Rae!" My mom looks at me with wide eyes.

"Troublemaker." Bradley laughs beside me, nudging my shoulder. "Snitch." I laugh, glancing over at Maverick. He was currently going through baby photos of me next to my mom.

"Is this prom?" He asks, showing Mom the picture. "Oh, yes! Her senior prom." She beams, sending me a playful look. Yawning, I laid my head on Bradley's shoulder.

"You tired?" He questions, leaning his cheek against my head. "A little." I responded, fumbling with the blanket over us.

"Wanna head out?" He questions. Sighing, I looked up at my family.

Nodding, I sat up to put my shoes on. "We're gonna head out. She's over here barely awake." He teases, following me as I stood up.

"Well, thank you for coming!" My mom beams, standing up to walk us out. "Of course, anytime." I laugh, hugging her as Maverick stood up.

"Bye, Mav." I smile, pulling him into a hug once I was out of my mom's grasp. "Bye, Rae." He responds, tightly hugging me.

"Bye Rae!" Amelia waves, beginning to make her way to her room. "Goodnight." I yawn, stepping back to let Rooster hug Maverick.

"I'll see you at work!" My mom begins to follow us out as Bradley finished up. "I don't work tomorrow." I laugh, opening the door for the two of us. "Well, I'll see you Monday!" She laughs behind us as we walk out, Bradley gently intertwining our fingers.

"And I will see you tomorrow." Maverick motions to Bradley. "Yes, sir." He nods, leading me off the porch.

Finally, I was settled in the passenger seat of the Bronco. "You look exhausted." He chuckled, starting up the engine before beginning to back out.

"I am." I sighed, leaning back fully against the seat. The gentle rumble of the Bronco begins to lull me into a deep sleep. My eyes flutter as I fought to stay awake.

"Get some sleep, I promise I won't crash." Bradley's voice pipes up, calming me even further. Drowsily nodding, I let my eyes flutter shut.

•••

"Shh, I got you." Bradley's voice begins to lure me out of my sleep. Wiping at my eyes, I realize we're in my driveway. "Come on, troublemaker." He softly smiles, unbuckling me. Nodding, I placed my hand on his shoulder and slid out of his truck.

With his arm around my waist, he helps me into my house. "Go up and get changed. I'll shut everything off before leaving." He kisses the top of my head, motioning towards the stairs. Nodding, I made my way upstairs to my room.

Shrugging off my clothes, I grabbed one of his shirts he's left before the mission before stepping into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

As soon as I finished up, I curled up in my bed with the distant noise of drawers closing from the kitchen.

Finally, his footsteps approached my bedroom. "Hi, baby." He smiles, stepping towards my bed. "Thank you." I puckered my lips, reaching up for him. He laughs, leaning down and pressing a kiss on my lips. His lips were soft and inviting.

"I'm going to head out. You need anything?" He asks, pulling back. Humming, I looked around my room. "Nope." I shake my head, turning back to him.

"I'll see you later. Sleep well." He pressed a quick kiss on my forehead before backing up. "Drive safe." I sigh, cuddling into my pillows. "Always do." He smiles one last time before closing my bedroom door behind me.

I was out before I even heard my front door lock.

•••

My hands swipe against my face as I stepped into the kitchen. The sunlight shining through my window blinds covers my skin, heating me as I gathered things for my coffee.

Reaching for the mug, I noticed my unopened mail sitting on my counter. Rooster must have brought it in for me.

Neat, familiar handwriting are sitting on a envelope.

Sienna Woodard

Sienna? As in my best friend in high school? Although we don't talk very often, I do consider her my best friend.

Opening the envelope, I pull out a fancy invitation.

Sienna Woodard and Ravi Hubbard are cordially inviting you to their wedding!

Wedding? Oh my god! She's engaged!

Dropping the invitation, I rushed upstairs for my phone to call her. My hands revert to muscle memory to get to her contact information before pressing 'call.'

After a few rings, her familiar voice piped up.

"Rae! Did you get my letter?" She exclaims, and I could tell a smile was plastered on her face. "I did! That's what I'm calling about! Congratulations girl, I'm so excited for you two!"

"Thank you! I'm so sorry for the late notice since the wedding's in three weeks, we had a problem with the post office and the printers, and now we can't change the venue without a huge fee." She sighs, genuinely stressed.

"That's alright! That's the joy of working for your mom, it's easier to get time off." I laugh, beginning to make my way downstairs. "Very true. Speaking of your mom, she's been posting pictures of you and this guy all over Facebook, latest one dated last night. What's up with that?" She teases, playfully.

"Oh yeah! I have been so busy lately I haven't been able to call you and update you on my life. The guy with the mustache-."

"The one with his arm around you, yes I got it." She affirms, her voice somewhat distant.

"Are you on her Facebook right now?" I laugh, sitting down on my couch. "Yes, I need to match faces with the names." She responds.

"Anyways, that's my boyfriend Bradley. He's a navy aviator." I sigh, a smile etching onto my face just thinking about him. "I'm guessing Rooster is his nickname?" She questions. "Yep, call sign but yes." I laughed.

"Bring him with you! I want to meet him and see if he's right for you." She teases. "Shut up, Si. But, I'll have to ask about leave and everything. Anyways! Moving on, I met my dad."

She immediately gasps. "No way! Are you serious?" Sienna exclaims. "One thousand percent. His names Pete, and were working on our relationship. He's literally Rooster's boss and everything." I sighed, laying down on my couch.

"Woah," Sienna pauses, scrolling noises slipping through the speakers. "Sounds complicated." She responds after a few moments.

"Very, but we're working it out." I nod, beginning to steer the conversation back to her.

"So! Tell me all about how he proposed. I'm dying to hear it!" I squeal, kicking my feet in happiness.

The two of us continue to chat the day away, catching each other up on our lives lately.