•10•

Even though he worked the next morning, Rooster made sure I was taken care before he left for work. He made sure I was comfortable on the couch and had cold drinks before pressing a quick kiss on my forehead and dipping out of the doorway.

The acts of kindness only worsened my situation. Something inside me was telling me to not fall for him and that he'll just leave, but I couldn't stop it. He was so sweet and genuine, I couldn't help but to gain feelings for him.

•••

Despite being in a deep sleep, my phone ringing woke me up. A low groan leaves my lips as I reach over for my phone.

"Hello?" I mumble, answering the phone. "Hey, Rae." I hear. "Oh. Hi, B." I greet, sitting up slightly as I waited for him to respond.

"I just wanted to check up on you. How're you feeling?" Behind him, I could hear jets flying. "Better, actually. Thank you for taking care of me." I blush, laying back down and placing my phone beside me on speaker phone.

"It's no problem. Do you need anything? On my way back I can pick you up some things." He responds, his voice lulling me back into a deep sleep.

"No, just sleepy." I mumble, cuddling back into the pillow. "Oh! I can let you go, I just wanted to check up-."

"No, no. Your voice is calming." I reply, a deep blush forming on my face when I realized how direct I was being.

"Oh, well in that case. I'm on my lunch break for like 45 minutes." He says. "Tell me about your day so far, please." I smile, enjoying his company.

As he spoke, my body physically relaxes against the couch. He was so passionate about his job, and you could tell by the way he spoke about it.

Without realizing it, his voice pulls me into a deep but peaceful slumber.

•••

The next day I felt perfect. Bradley spent the night with me again, continuing to take care of me. We settled in on my couch once again and cuddled while watching various movies.

After a much needed break, I returned to work. As much as I didn't want to, I had to.

"Rae, honey, your friends are here." My mom gains my attention after I handed a woman her martini.

"Hm?" I questioned, turning to the door to find Rooster and his friends/coworkers walking in. Bradley's eyes lift to mine, peeling off his sunglasses.

A small smile appears on his face as he makes his way over to me, a dark haired woman following behind him.

"Hey, B." I smile, leaning against the bar as they approach. "Hi, Rae. This is my friend, Phoenix." He nods, motioning to her.

"It's nice to meet you." I smile, taking in her appearance. A bright smile appears on her face.

"You too! I've heard so much about you." She beams, sitting down on a barstool. "Oh, have you?" I tease, glancing at the curly haired man beside her. A blush creeps onto his cheeks as he looks away briefly.

"Here's your usuals. Anyways, is Phoenix your call sign or your actual name?" I turn my attention to her as Bradley collects the bottles before joining the other at the table.

"Natasha is my first name." She nods, leaning against the counter. "Rooster hasn't shut up about you during training, I had to meet you." She continues, warmth creeping onto my cheeks.

"Speaking of training, what're you guys training for?" I question, leaning against the counter.

"Uh-." She lowers her voice as she glances around us, making sure no one was near to overhear our conversation.