•18•

The next day I called out of work. My mom understood and encouraged us to go out and have fun. So that's exactly what we did after Bradley got off of work. We went and saw a movie, an aquarium, dinner, and then ended the night with a picnic on the beach.

After that, we ended up at his house. It was perfect for him, and it fit his personality perfectly. I was off the next day, so I decided to just spend the night with him, with his permission of course.

Our morning was bitter-sweet. I woke up entrapped in his arms, his head on my chest with his arms wrapped around my waist. It took everything in me to not cry, but I ultimately failed. Tomorrow morning was going to hurt. I had to drop him off and possibly never see him again.

"Rae?" Bradley's sleepy voice startles me. He sits up slightly to look up at me. "Hm?" I stared up at the ceiling to avoid looking at him.

"Why're you crying?" He asks, pressing gentle kisses on my jawline before using his hand on my jaw to guide my eyes to his.

Looking into his eyes, the truth coaxed itself out of me.

"I don't want to say goodbye to you tomorrow." I sigh, raising my hand to his cheek, which he leans into. "I don't want to say goodbye either. But I'm going to make it back to you, to us." He affirms, kissing my palm.

"I know, it's just so hard. I thought we'd have more time together." I mumble, letting him pull me closer to him. "As soon as I get back we'll have more time. You're not getting rid of me that easily." He gently smiles, but I could tell it was just a façade.

Fuck, I knew how hard this was going to be when he ultimately had to leave for the mission but I didn't think it would be this hard. Bradley Bradshaw had inched his way into my heart, there was absolutely no denying that I was completely whipped for this man.

"Come on, princess. Let's go do something fun after I make you breakfast." He beams, helping me up out of his bed. Sighing, I trudged behind him to his kitchen while holding his hand.

"Come 'ere." He let's go of my hand before placing both hands on my hips, lifting me up onto the kitchen counter effortlessly. We were almost now the same height. He softly smiles, raising his hand to my cheek and resting his large hand on my face. Leaning into his hand, my eyes scanned over his face. Freckles were peppered over his perfect face, evident on his cheeks.

Instead of saying anything, he softly wipes my tears away with his thumb. A long sigh leaves my lips as I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. His hands drop to my thighs, tugging me closer to him before his own arms wrapping around my waist.

"I don't want you to leave." I mumble into his chest, relaxing in his grasp. "I know, but I have to, sweetheart. But I promise you, as soon as I get back I'm all yours." He kisses the top of my shoulder, gently caressing my side with his thumb.

"I physically can't say goodbye tomorrow. It'll feel like I'll never see you again." I choke out, pulling back to look into his eyes. "Baby, listen to me." He clears his throat.

"You can't get rid of me that easily. Sure, I'm terrified too but if we fret over it it'll just be harder. Let's just enjoy each other's company." He gently smiles, pecking my nose with a kiss.

I knew my fears weren't helping him, so I pushed everything down inside myself and wiped my tears away from my face. "Let's make breakfast." I smile, pushing him away from me playfully so I could get down.

•••

"See you later!" I waved to my family as we left my mom's house. "Bye! Drive safe!" My mom calls after me as I notice Pete following us down. "Bradley, can I speak to you, real quick?" Maverick asks, earning my boyfriend's attention.