•24•

Clearing my throat, I made my way through the busy bar with bottles and mugs in hand. "Excuse me." I fake smiled, scooting past a group before setting their glasses down.

"Here you guys are. Is there anything else I can get you?" I politely asked, handing out the drinks. "No ma'am." One of the guys smile. Nodding, I backed off. "Have a good one guys." I smiled, making my way back to the bar. Before I got too far, they called me back.

"Wait, ma'am!" One of them called. Turning, I find it's the blue-eyed brunette. "Yes sir, what can I get you? I ask, holding my notebook to my side.

"Is there any way I can get your number?" He smiles, his friends cheering him on. "I have a boyfriend." I laugh, motioning to the group playing at the pool table as usual. Bradley was running late after dropping something off at his place, but the rest of them were here.

"Oh, a navy man!" One of them laughs, nudging the guy who asked me out. "He doesn't have to know." He continues, glancing at the table.

"Sorry, man. I'm happy where I'm at." I fake laughed, beginning to back up to the bar. My back hit something, turning me around.

"Sorry, babe. I didn't mean to scare you." Bradley laughs, his shades sitting perfectly on his nose. Smiling, I leaned up and placed a kiss on his lips. He was still in his navy officer uniform. This was definitely my first time seeing him in this uniform. He usually changes before coming down here.

"No worries. My shift ends soon so I'll meet up with you guys." I nod, plucking his sunglasses off his face and setting them on my own face. In return, he chuckles.

"Cute." He smiles before letting me get back to work.

"Dude, he'd absolutely kill you. He's an officer!" I hear one of them say as we both walked away. Smirking, I walked back to the bar.

•••

"And, I'm off!" I beamed, joining the aviators at the pool table. "Yes! Finally!" Phoenix greets, giving me a quick hug. "Who's winning?" I asked, hopping up next to Bradley sitting down.

"Who do you think?" He questions, cocking an eyebrow. "Hm, Hangman?" I teased, motioning to the blonde playing.

"Ha!" Jake laughs, glancing up at me.

"Ok, I see how it is." Rooster nods, his tongue poking the inside of his cheek. Laughing, I reached across the table to lace our fingers together.

"I'm sorry! I'm just kidding! I know you're winning!" I loudly laughed, kissing the back of his hand. He shakes his head, but I can see the smile on his lips.

"I know Phoenix is winning, though." I continued teasing, hearing the familiar 'clink' of the balls. "Oh, now you've done it!" He playfully scoffs, shoving my hand away. A laugh leaves my lips as he stands up to take his turn.

"Atta girl!" Phoenix laughs beside me. "Give me good luck, because apparently to you I need it." He leans down, expecting a kiss. Smiling, I placed a quick kiss on his lips. "You better win." I nod, leaning back against the seat as I watched him begin his turn.

"That's it!" I laugh, watching him score. He smirks, straightening his posture. "That's what I thought, ma'am." He teases, moving out of the way for Fanboy.

"And I'm back!" Bob greets, taking Bradley's seat. "You missed it, Rae absolutely wrecked Bradley." Phoenix laughs, beginning to tell the story. Bradley moves out of her way, taking her spot next to me.

"Hi, baby." I greet, wrapping my arm around his waist as his own wrapped around my shoulders. "I heard that guy ask for your number." He quips, glancing in their direction. Reaching over, I grabbed his root beer bottle out of his hand before taking a swig of it. "Doesn't matter, he wasn't going to get it anyways. Why root beer?" I questioned, looking down at it.

"Because I like it?" He laughs, gently plucking it from my hand and taking his own sip. My eyes glance down to his lips before tearing away back to the table.

•••

"See you guys tomorrow!" I wave, opening my car door. Bradley reaches over, holding it open for me as they all wave goodbye.

"You're being feisty today." He chuckles. "Mhm! Gotta keep you on your toes." I beam, ducking down into my drivers seat. "Sleep-over at my place?" He asks, motioning to the direction of his apartment.

"Sounds good to me. Wanna get hibachi for dinner?" I questioned, buckling in. "Ugh, sounds heavenly. I'll go pick it up while you get your things. Meet you back at my place." He nods, closing the door for me.

"Thank you, baby. See you there." I send him a bright smile before turning the key.

•••

"I'm here!" I greet, walking into Bradley's apartment. "Hey, sweetheart." He greets, unloading the food bag. "Oh my god, it smells so good." I groaned, placing my bag down on the couch before joining him in the kitchen.

"I know right! I almost ate without you." He responds, pecking my lips before turning back to the food. Grabbing us some drinks from the fridge, I helped him bring the food to the living room where some TV show was playing.

Placing my legs over his lap, we got comfortable on the couch before handing out the food.

"You looked really good in that uniform." I complimented, opening the container. "Have you never seen me in it?" He asks, glancing over at me.

"Not that I know of. You usually change before coming down to the hard deck." I respond, taking a bite of my food. A blissful sigh leaves my lips as I savored the flavor.

"God, I love hibachi." I groan, taking another bite. "Anyways," He laughs, taking a bite of his own food. "I had a feeling not to change out this time. Maybe deep down I knew someone would mess with you." He shrugged.

"He was never going to get my number, even if I was single." I affirm, sending him a soft smile. "Good to know." He nods, turning to the TV show.

"Oh! Did you build that?" He blurts, motioning to the Lego jet. "Oh, yeah! I stayed here the first night you were gone." I responded.

"I love it, thank you." He smiles.

•••

"Bedtime?" I teased, seeing Bradley comfortably laying in bed with the covers over him as I exited his bathroom. "Mhm. Long day." He responds, sending me a soft smile.

Smiling, I pulled open the comforter and slid in next to him.

"Wanna talk about your day?" I asked, curling up closer to him. He hums, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Just a lot of flying and what not." He shrugged, rubbing my back.

"Oh, while I have you here. Is there any chance you can take leave?" I questioned, looking up at him. "Uh, I'll have to ask. Why?" He asks.

"Well, my best friend back home is getting married in three weeks. I know it's short notice but they had issues with several businesses." I explained, placing my head back down on his chest and settling my eyes on the TV.

"I'll see what I can do, princess."

At his words, a warm feeling bubbles inside me. Lord, this man makes me so happy.