12. Infertility

~There are too many things in life which can break a marriage~

Vegeta sat on the table in the dining room and Bulma served him breakfast after. Trunks was at college, it was his first year and Bulla was out with Pan. The two lovers were left to themselves.
Bulma sat down, and started to eat silently with Vegeta. That's what breakfast was like for the past two weeks. Quiet.

-What did you think of my older sister?--, Vegeta asked breaking the silence. Bulma looked up at him and smiled a little.

-She's....she's nice. I liked her. She's doesn't seem to be like a Saiyan at all.... But she's intimidating... And strikingly beautiful--, Bulma answered, shyly. --I was honestly jealous at first. I don't know who she was.... I was afraid she might take you away from me. You opened to her so quickly-

-Bulma...--,Vegeta stood up from his seat, his ruffled unbuttoned shirt revealing his bare chest. He knelt down on one knee beside the blue hair and took her hand, kissing the back of it. --... I could never love somebody else other than yourself. You're my wife and I'll always be committed to you. Naleta told me to take care of you, love you, and give you all the happiness you deserve. Emotionally, physically and sexually--, Bulma blushed, flustered. Feeling her heart beat faster than before, she loved this little genuine husband of hers.

-I had been blinded as of lately. I forgot of my duty as your husband. It felt like our marriage was falling but I don't want that. So can you forgive me?-

-Of course I would.... But you forgot to say I love you--, Bulma said smiling looking down at her handsome Saiyan Prince.

-I love you my dear Wife--, Vegeta smiled.

-And I love you too my dear Husband--, that closed off with a loving kiss.

A kneeling alien Prince and a damsel of a scientist.

Their unusual love is one of a kind

====================================

This Palace looked rather weird, but it was better than Zeno's. Or was it a temple?
The guys with big heads amused Naleta, it reminded her of the two water nymph twins she once saw while visiting the kingdom of Riival, Divinity.

She entered the temple as the big heads bowed to her. There was no reservation needed. She's a queen, a queen must always be respected. And obeyed. She reached the Chambers in which Zuno awaited. An even bigger head. Tho there's no judgment of course.

-Your royal highness, what may I help you with today?-- Zuno asked bowing his head.

-....Its a touchy subject but... How can I get pregnant with my husband's child? I'm naturally infertile--, that surprised Zuno for a moment but he soon sighed.

-Your highness, you were born an infertile mortal. Given power of a deity by his majesty King Ryaku. That power multiplied everything in your system, as well as you infertility. A way you may become pregnant is to turn back to a mortal, loose your powers and have a deity heal your womb--, Zuno said and Naleta felt appalled.

-Is there not another way!-

-That is to eat the cursed pomegranate fruit of Hedes. Which we likely leave you into Persephone's place. It's risky. But it can be countered, if both participants are in same needs, desires, and same love. If not, the female will fall under Hedes' curse-

-I understand-

Getting back to the Omni Palace wasn't a very good idea. Her sadness multiplied as she saw the angry look on her husband's face. That made her heart sunk.

-I-I can explain James...--

-There's nothing to explain Naleta! Must you never think of that, that fruit. You will suffer, suffer great consequences if you eat it. And there's no way I'm turning you back to a mortal! Why do you want this child so much?!-- Dai shouted and she sank even more. Its been a long time since he was this angry at her.

-I'm want to do this for you! For us! I can't give you a child, I just want to try other ways-

-Who told you I want another child!!-

That, that broke her. Her whole body shattered, as if she was a glass struck by a stone. That stone being thrown by the person who used to sip from her. What's this feeling?
Pain? What kind of pain is this? What kind of disappointment? This is too much.
It clogs her throat and release her tears. Tears of this unimaginable pain.

He said that, James said that, in front of her face, when she tries so hard. It's hopeless now, she should just give up. This man is not going to he pleased by her tries. He has more than enough children, why would he want one from a mortal?! A damned mortal!

-This is low of you Naleta...-

He disappeared as the girl was left to cry, cry alone. Was she stupid for assuming he would be happy about her tries? That she can produce a child for a God like him.

How stupid of her!!